“Retailers need to have a presence wherever their prospects are researching and purchasing products. Now, more than ever, that means smartphones.”
Beverly, MA (PRWEB) May 17, 2011
Searchandise Commerce, the first retail search network for product manufacturers and their retail channel partners, has released HitList Mobile v2.0. Searchandise introduced HitList to address the monetization of digital shelf space for retailers, establishing the solution at the forefront of the emerging retail media market. HitList adds new features to meet the needs of today’s retailers who are rapidly enhancing their mobile commerce efforts.
Retailers Keep Up with Changing Consumer Habits
- 79% of smartphone consumers use their phones to help with shopping, from comparing prices and finding more product information to locating a retailer
- 74% of smartphone shoppers make a purchase -- online, in-store, or on their phones
- 70% use their smartphones while in the store, reflecting varied purchase paths that often begin online or on their phones and brings consumers to the store*
HitList v2.0 Mobile enables retailers to monetize search results presented on mobile retail sites as well as within retailer-specific apps. Manufacturers vie for elevated placement in retail search results by placing bids against their SKUs, so their products can be as prominent as possible as shoppers search and research on their phones.
HitList Mobile v2.0-New Features
- Integration with ICE – Searchandise’s Inventory Control Engine (ICE) reports on availability of products directly from search results to avoid the customer frustration of clicking on an out-of-stock offering.
- Compatibility with a multitude of device types including the iPhone, Android handsets and the iPad.
“The proliferation of smartphones and improved quality of mobile networks gives shoppers instant access to descriptive and comparative product information from any touchpoint along the path to purchase,” said John Federman, president and CEO, Searchandise Commerce. “Retailers need to have a presence wherever their prospects are researching and purchasing products. Now, more than ever, that means smartphones.”
*Statistics from “The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smartphone Users,” a study from Google and conducted by Ipsos OTX, an independent market research firm, among 5,013 US adult smartphone Internet users at the end of 2010.
About Searchandise Commerce
Searchandise Commerce is a retail search network that combines the pay-for-performance tactics of search marketing with in-store merchandising practices. Product marketers leverage cost-per-click bids to enhance product position within search listings across a network of retail sites, similar to purchasing premium shelf space in the brick-and-mortar world. Retailers benefit by monetizing those search listings, generating an incremental revenue stream without disruption to the consumer experience. For more information please visit us at searchandise.net or on our blog, Position Matters, or call 978.712.4554.