Austin, TX (PRWEB) May 16, 2011
Nelson announced the opening of its newest office in Austin, Texas, crediting the expansion to a growing client base within the computer gaming, creative digital, and QA/Production industries. The venture into Austin makes sense for Nelson’s dynamic market as Nelson Interactive and Nelson Technology serve a similar client base.
Craig Nelson, Executive VP of Staffing Services, notes, “Austin has a very strong business community and we are excited about working there. We’re in the business of putting professionals to work in the field of computer gaming and technology, and there is a wealth of talent in the Austin area we can recruit for our partner clients.”
Chris Chrisley, brought in as the Director of Business Development to connect Nelson with the business community, is well equipped to do so. Part of Austin’s burgeoning industry since 1998, Chrisley worked as a technical help desk recruiter, filling an impressive 100% of job openings. His success quickly moved him into management where he could hire, train, and mentor a top notch, technical recruiting staff.
According to Marketing Forecast, 2011 will be a growth year in the gaming industry as consumer demand continues to accelerate. Consumer spend in 2010 for all gaming content, including new video and PC games, used games, rentals, subscriptions, digital full-game downloads, social network games, downloadable content, and mobile game apps, was between $15.4 to $15.6 billion dollars. Nelson Interactive will plug into Austin’s game development community, currently represented by about 60 companies, including California clients Sony and Zynga.
Though not focused exclusively in gaming, there is crossover as Nelson Technology matches talent to jobs such as program management, cloud computing, data warehousing, information architecture, and security. Nelson Technology has experience serving both start-ups (of which Austin has many) and Fortune 100 organizations. It is growing by leaps and bounds, with 217% year-over-year growth in the first quarter of 2011 alone.
Tony Bartenetti, Sr. VP of Nelson Staffing, states, “We have a broad line of recruiting and staffing services, but we’re especially proficient in computer gaming and technology, having worked in the field for over 10 years. We specialize in the entertainment software industry so we can offer our clients the very best talent available.”
About the Nelson Family of Companies
The Nelson Family of Companies was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Sonoma, CA. According to Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the company has grown into the 44th largest staffing company in the United States and is the largest independent human capital solutions company in Northern California. In addition, it ranks nationally among the “Top 10 Best Staffing Firms to Work For.” To learn more about Nelson Interactive and other arms of the company, visit http://www.nelsonstaffing.com.
The Nelson Family of Companies consists of the following businesses:
- Nelson Staffing: Provides consultant, executive, full-time and temporary talent in a broad range of career areas including winery operations, technology, legal, engineering, office administration, hospitality, light industrial, customer service, marketing, non-profit, human resources, business development, and sales. http://www.nelsonstaffing.com
- Nelson Interactive: Offers full-service staffing solutions to organizations that operate in the computer and multi-platform creative interactive space. With an industry-specific screening process, Nelson guarantees a timely selection of high-caliber candidates for temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire staffing placement. Nelson’s talent specialization encompasses digital media, game development production, art, audio, design, programming, quality assurance, marketing, BI, IT, customer service, and technical support.
- Nelson Technology: Provides end-to-end consulting services that include requirements gathering and analysis, project management, product/software development, testing, deployment and maintenance, as well as the placement of software and IT support professionals. http://www.nelsontechnology.com
- WorkforceLogic: Delivers workforce management and risk mitigation solutions that give businesses of all sizes improved control over their contingent workforce programs. http://www.workforcelogic.com
- Nelson & Associates: Provides full-time, executive search placement, and temporary consulting professionals in finance and accounting. http://www.nelsonandassociates.com
- NelsonJobs.com: Northern California’s premier job board. http://www.nelsonjobs.com
# # #