Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) May 15, 2011
Zabasearch.com, a leading resource in reverse phone look-up and public records, hopes to educate donors who wish to send relief funds to victims of the recent tornadoes. Unfortunately disasters and tragedies encourage scammers to take advantage of those with kind intentions, and use criminal activity to embezzle funds.
Those considering a charitable donation of any kind should consider the following:
● Do not give donations to organizations through unsolicited emails. If an email appears to be from a creditable organization verify its legitimacy
● Be skeptical of individuals who claim to be surviving victims who are asking for donations. Ask for first and last name, and use Zabasearch.com to perform a records search to verify their legitimacy.
● Verify the authenticity of charitable organizations. Be sure to get all information on the organization, including address, contact name, email address and phone number. Use Zabasearch.com to look up address, ten-digit phone number, email address, and contact's information in order to verify consistency and legitimacy.
● Do not open emails that claim to show pictures of the devastation. The attached files could contain viruses. If you would like to open the attachment verify the address using Zabasearch.com's reverse email look-up service.
● Give directly to well-known, easily verifiable organizations instead of entrusting anyone to make donations on your behalf. This will ensure that the gift was received, and will go to where it is needed most.
● Do not give sensitive information to anyone who seeks out an unsolicited donation. Any information obtained by a scammer may compromise your privacy and make you vulnerable to identity theft.
● Major organizations will not attempt to collect donations through unsolicited phone calls. Do not give any information out over the phone, if compelled to give be sure do a reverse lookup of the 10-digit number on Zabasearch.com to verify the owner of the phone number.
The most effective scams play on sympathies. This means when you see heartfelt pleas for charitable efforts it is important to educate and protect yourself while maintaining generosity. There are many clones, and it only takes a small amount of personal information to compromise your privacy. Zabasearch.com seeks to protect and aid those who offer donations and those who the contributions seek to help through offering reverse phone number and email lookup services, address search and public records.
Zabasearch is a public records search engine that provides access to information based on a 10 digit number or name. Zabasearch.com does not gather or generate information. Zabasearch.com quickly accesses public information and displays what is available in the public domain. Zabasearch.com simply serves as a search engine in locating available public records and does not create the records found. Information typically makes it to the public domain via a wide variety of sources, including but not limited to: phone listings, court records, real property records, subscriptions etc. Sources vary state by state and region by region.