Allowing users to synchronize their notes with Evernote means that notes taken in WritePad become available everywhere, whether it's across mobile devices or on the desktop.
(PRWEB) May 17, 2011
Following the launch of the major new version of WritePad for iPad last month, PhatWare has released an update of WritePad for iPhone to bring the same powerful features, including synchronization of WritePad documents with Evernote. WritePad is PhatWare’s popular note taking and handwriting recognition software for iPad and iPhone devices.
In addition to Evernote synchronization, WritePad 5 now offers an improved handwriting recognition engine with a letter shape selector, which may reduce the user’s learning curve, and adds the ability to upload WritePad documents to Google Docs and send SMS directly from WritePad.
"WritePad's text editing apps for iOS provide an intuitive, innovative way to take notes on mobile devices," said Seth Hitchings, Evernote's VP of Platform Strategy. "Allowing users to synchronize their notes with Evernote means that notes taken in WritePad become available everywhere, whether it's across mobile devices or on the desktop. We're excited to have WritePad join our partner community and provide our users with new ways to capture information."
WritePad is an advanced note-taker for iOS, which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email or SMS, Tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook Wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps and other iPhone resources.
With WritePad, users can:
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPhone keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Improve overall handwriting recognition quality with the Statistical Analyzer by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, SMS, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
A video demonstration of WritePad is available at http://www.phatware.com/iphone
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad 5 for iPhone for English, French, German, and Spanish languages are available now in the iTunes App Store for $3.99 each. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare's web site at http://www.phatware.com/writepad
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit http://www.phatware.com.