Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 19, 2011
Social Tables (http://www.socialtables.com) has launched its socially integrated event planning platform that enables the building of an active online community of guests. The cloud based planning tool, allows guests the ability to fully interact socially prior to and after an event takes place.
"There is an obvious void in the event planning industry," explains Matthew Tendler, co-founder of Social Tables. "There are plenty of electronic tools that create pretty invitations but none of them focus on enhancing the guest experience. We’ve created a tool that bridges the gap between the virtual and real world by connecting guests to each other, allowing them to interact before and after they meet in person."
Key features available on Social Tables include:
- Seating Tool: The drag-and-drop functionality allows you to assign guests to their seats and helps you visualize your event before it even begins.
- Guest List Creation: Easily import your guest list from one of several supported platforms, including Excel, Gmail and Facebook.
- Live Guest Chat: Guests can interact in real-time through the EventTalk and TableTalk interfaces before and after meeting in person.
- Social Integration: Seamlessly integrate your guests’ social networking information using Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn into your seating arrangements.
- Wedding Website Integration: Use popular wedding websites, like The Knot and WeddingWire, to import your wedding guest list in order to create the perfect seating chart for your special day.
"Going to events is a game of chance. You never know who you’ll meet," said Dan Berger, co-founder of Social Tables. "By providing people with information about event attendees, guests are able to interact more meaningfully with each other. We are hoping to provide a heightened social experience through the virtual offering."
To get started, visit http://www.socialtables.com, create a new event, and add your guests or import a guest list you’ve already created from one of the supported platforms. Social Tables is available to consumers immediately, free of charge until August 1, 2011.
About Social Tables
Social Tables is the only social networking site for events with assigned tables that was built with event planners in mind. For planners, it offers specially-crafted tools, such as seat management and guest list importation utilities. For guests, real-time chat interfaces and seamless integration to the social web. These tools enhance the event experience by offering guests the opportunity to learn and connect with one another before and after the event.
Social Tables is based in Washington, D.C. and was founded in December, 2010. For more information visit http://www.socialtables.com and follow the company on Twitter at @SocialTables or on their blog at http://blog.socialtables.com.
About the Founders
The site’s founders are passionate about bringing people together through the technology. Dan Berger has been a developer since 2000. He has previously worked at two New York-based startups and ran a successful web design shop. He also worked for a Senior Member of Congress for four years. He has a BA from Hunter College and an MBA from Georgetown University. Matthew Tendler leads product design. He is the co-creator of the world’s most popular iPhone app for people with diabetes. He holds a dual BS from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University.