We learned that while UK shoppers aren’t as likely to initiate a chat for sales interactions on their own, they had quite an interest in being proactively invited to chat.
Wichita, KA (PRWEB) May 18, 2011
Bold Software, a leading provider of world-class web communication tools, today announced the third annual release of the industry’s most comprehensive research on the effectiveness of live chat technology. For the first time, a part of the research sought to better understand UK-based online shopper preferences and perspectives.
“We work with a significant number of e-tailers in the UK so it was important to take a closer look at the perceptions and effectiveness of live chat amongst the customers they themselves are likely to serve,” said Bold Software President and CEO Steve Castro-Miller. “We learned that while UK shoppers aren’t as likely to initiate a chat for sales interactions on their own, they had quite an interest in being proactively invited to chat. High traffic ecommerce sites in the UK might have hundreds or even thousands of visitors a day just waiting to be invited into a chat interaction, presenting a significant opportunity for online merchants to impact conversions.”
The research uncovered the following:
1. 77% of UK respondents chose email as their favorite way to communicate with a merchant.
2. The circumstances under which UK shoppers are mostly likely to initiate a chat session are service or support related.
3. However, depending on the type of product they’re shopping for, between 24% and 37% of UK respondents said that live chat has a positive influence on purchase likelihood.
4. 42% of UK shoppers are more likely to trust a website that offers live chat and prefer to shop at websites with live chat.
5. Speed of response and quickness of the entire chat is very important to UK respondents, according to 83% and 75% respondents, respectively.
6. With regards to proactive chat receptivity, one in five UK shoppers gave the technology the highest rating possible.
To learn more about the UK findings, download the full research findings at: http://www.boldchat.com/live_chat_software/landing/2011LiveChat/2011_Live_Chat_Report.jsp?mc=pr
About Bold Software
Bold Software LLC, is a leading provider of world-class web communication tools designed to help businesses improve online support and increase sales. Using Bold Software’s live chat, click-to-call, email management, and active co-browsing tools, businesses can quickly and effectively engage visitors on their website. Bold Software sells a wide variety of competitively-priced products under the BoldChat, BoldCall, and BoldCCM brand names. Businesses of all sizes - from small proprietorships to large ecommerce enterprises – can provide more intelligent online customer interactions and close more sales using Bold Software solutions. The company is headquartered in Wichita, KS, with thousands of customers around the world. For more information about Bold Software, go to http://www.boldsoftware.com or call 1-866-753-9933.