Harrisburg, PA (PRWEB) May 18, 2011
WorkXpress is proud to announce release of its latest version of the WorkXpress Platform as a Service, named Click. Click was named because of the ability to build an entire software application with clicks-not-code. The release of Click represents the next step in empowering non-code programmers to build sophisticated business database software. Additionally, the new release will save code based programmers time in building thereby reducing the expense for small and midsize businesses to launch custom software solutions.
Treff LaPlante, WorkXpress president and CEO, said, “The launch of project Click is the culmination of ten years of studying layperson computer use capabilities and refining our platform to accommodate their needs and understanding. Then we packaged everything in an easy to use interface that leads builders of all levels through the build process. In everything though, we never lost our way in providing builders the capability to create very sophisticated software and logic.”
The new release of WorkXpress version Click provides builders a number of improvements over previous versions of the platform:
- In Platform Guidance - During the build process, builders are now provided beginner guidance that allows a person with no training to build simple applications
- In Platform Q&A - Roadblocks have been knocked down with the introduction of a rich question/answer interface at the point of decision that guides builders through all facets of building an application
- Incorporates Proven WorkXpress Tools - Full reuse and incorporation of traditional WorkXpress tools including the Query Builder, Expression Builder and Automation Builder empowering experienced users to build sophisticated application functionality as quickly as possible
- Artificial Intelligence - System that helps builders easily and quickly define Queries and other functions
o Prompts user with suggested Queries based on knowledge of what the builder has completed, and what they indicate they are trying to complete
- Streamlined Building - Evaluation of thousands of use cases to understand and anticipate common application patterns and to present those patterns in an intuitive way - streamlines the process for developing common patterns of functionality
- Help Search - Sophisticated search system allowing builder to search for development wizards and tools based on their own personal frame of reference. (Example - an IT person may search "create table" whereas a business user may search "track something new", but both yield a similar response)
- Live Support - Direct access to live technical support
- Interface Styling - Style improvements and interface customization capability
For more information about WorkXpress (http://www.workxpress.com) contact Jake Burns at jburns(at)workxpress(dot)com.
About the WorkXpress PaaS
WorkXpress is the world’s only 5GL (fifth generation software language) PaaS (Platform as a Service) without programming. It provides more software and better features at a lower cost than its competitors. The platform offers non-programmers the ability to create limitless sophisticated business applications using five building blocks in an intuitive, drag and drop, point-and-click, secure, web-based environment. WorkXpress eliminates the need for coding, data modeling and database querying, while automating common systems administration tasks like maintenance or disaster recovery. These capabilities are all possible without purchase of additional hardware or software.
Additionally, WorkXpress offers full integrations with other applications and the latest web-based technologies. Some examples include Skype, FedEx, Google Maps, currency conversions, Google language translation, FTP services, IMAP email services, and many more. New integrations can also be easily created on the WorkXpress platform.
# # #