Miss Middleton’s peachy posterior has become a worldwide sensation since Prince William and her sister Kate’s wedding on 29 April
London (PRWEB UK) 20 May 2011
A leading health club group is reporting a massive surge in Pilates classes enquiries following news that Pippa Middleton credits the invigorating exercise for her breathtaking bum.
Staff at the Esporta group’s 55 health clubs have been inundated with enquiries from ladies – and men – looking to include Pilates as a part of their workout.
In fact, bosses have been forced to schedule additional sessions and bring in more Pilates teachers to meet members’ desire for a cutie booty.
Class attendance has seen an increase of 20% and in a number of clubs we are having to put on twice as many classes to cope with demand from members. Esporta timetables change every three months and more time is being dedicated to Pilates than ever before.
Commercial director Mark Taylor comments: “We’re not at all surprised that Pilates produced Pippa’s perfect posterior.
“Those in the know have long appreciated the role of Pilates in helping to achieve that dream physique, but the Pippa Middleton sensation has really brought the exercise to the attention of the masses.
“The exercise class has been free to our members for years and has always proved popular, but the level of enquiries since the Royal Wedding, and especially in the last 24 hours since confirmation of the magic formula was unveiled, has been incredible – I’ve never experienced anything like it.
“Pilates is an incredibly effective and versatile technique and a far cry from the ‘hippy exercise’ people sometimes think it is.
Miss Middleton’s peachy posterior has become a worldwide sensation since Prince William and her sister Kate’s wedding on 29 April. Thousands of column inches have been dedicated to it, while 225,000 Facebook users have joined the ‘Pippa Middleton Ass Appreciation Society’.
- Pilates was invented by Joseph Pilates (1883 –1967), a German physical-culturist who based the method upon a thorough understanding of the anatomy of the human body.
- As well as developing his pioneering physical system, Joseph Pilates was a gymnast, diver, bodybuilder, professional boxer, circus performer and self-defense trainer at London’s Scotland Yard.
- Pilates focuses on core stability and the exercises are performed in a very slow and controlled manner. It also incorporates relaxation and breathing techniques.
- The standing, seated and lying exercises increase flexibility, agility, build strength for a safe yet challenging workout.
- Celebrity Pilates fans include Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, Ruby Wax, Cindy Crawford, John Cleese and Sir Ian McKellen
- Pilates is also a key element in serious sports training and injury recovery programmes. Top rugby teams including the All Blacks and Welsh Rugby Union, cricketers Mike Atherton and Graham Thorpe and golfer Tiger Woods are all advocates of Pilates.
For more information contact Sam Webb or Jeremy Merckel at WAA on 0121 362 1661/1637 or e-mail esporta_pr(at)waa(dot)co.uk
The Esporta Group operates 55 health clubs and leisure clubs in the UK and Ireland, providing market-leading facilities and services to the premium segment of the health and leisure sector. The clubs offer a wide variety of quality fitness facilities, including gyms, swimming pools and courts for racquet sports. In addition they offer a choice of bar food and drinks, spa treatments and live sporting coverage. Esporta’s goal is to be the leading premium health and leisure club organisation in the UK. It is passionate about service excellence and dedicated to earning the long-term loyalty of members through rapport-based relationships. Esporta was acquired by Virgin Active in April 2011. For more information visit http://www.esporta.com.