El Paso, Texas (PRWEB) May 20, 2011
When the professionals at Rudolph Mazda were asked about the new Skyactiv technology from Mazda, they were very excited. As the leading Mazda dealer in El Paso and surrounding areas, they are on top of all the latest technologies from one of the world's most forward thinking automobile companies.
The direct-injection 1.3-liter gasoline engine will be the first of Mazda's next-generation SKYACTIV technologies that will be introduced in the market. Mazda plans to unveil the new engine at the Automotive Engineering Exposition which is being held from May 18 through 20, 2011, at the Pacifico Yokohama convention center near Tokyo, Japan.
SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY is the umbrella term Mazda is using for its range of next-generation technologies. These include gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, and a new body and chassis – all of which significantly improve vehicle driving dynamics as well as environmental and safety performance.
Main features of the SKYACTIV-G 1.3 engine
● Highly efficient automobile gasoline engine and the world's first to achieve a compression ratio of 14.0:1
● Multi-hole injectors enable precise fuel injection control for ideal combustion
● 30 percent less mechanical friction, due to a narrower crankshaft, new roller followers and low-tension piston rings that also reduce oil consumption
● Various countermeasures to prevent knocking, including a cooled EGR system
● An updated version of Mazda's innovative idling stop system, i-stop, improves fuel economy by eight percent. It operates with a higher frequency, requires less fuel to restart, and achieves a smoother restart
● Mazda's first dual sequential valve timing system (dual S-VT with electronically-operated intake) in combination with the high compression ratio achieves an unconventional Miller cycle (extremely delayed closure of intake valves) that improves efficiency
● Compact combustion chambers have a longer stroke for better efficiency
● Piston cavities are specially designed to support ideal combustion
● A lightweight and highly rigid aluminum alloy engine block
The new technology is obviously going to be a leader when it comes to the current automotive market around the world. As gas prices continue to rise to all time highs, more and more consumers are demanding better gas mileage.
In El Paso, Texas, citizens who are interested in getting more miles per gallon are encouraged to stop by Rudolph Mazda - the premiere Mazda dealership in El Paso and the surrounding area. Their friendly sales team can answer any questions about the new Mazda3 or any of the other great Mazda models that are coming on the scene.