Novosibirsk, Russia (PRWEB) May 23, 2011
IPHostNonitor Inc. announces that every customer that purchases IPHost Network Monitor http://www.iphostmonitor.com from May till September 2011, can request one-year extended support including help to introduce the network and server monitoring software into a company's business processes – free of charge. The offer includes consulting and assistance in setting up and tuning the monitoring of network hardware and applications.
Practical experience proves that even small and medium companies using a common set of server software do require operational network monitoring for their IT infrastructure. Both small and big businesses need reliability, since it helps save money. Every IT manager knows that it is less expensive to prevent a network or server malfunction, rather than handling problems that have already occurred. Monitoring network servers and devices allows one to get alerted in advance, to predict and prevent network problems.
IPHost Network Monitor http://www.iphostmonitor.com supports various monitoring methods and an extensive set of alerting means (email, SMS, etc.) to inform one of any changes in the network state. The product is quite affordable and, most importantly, efficient in handling network and server monitoring tasks.
Long-term practices of using the monitoring software by our customers demonstrate that the stage of implementation of a monitoring solution is non-trivial, the following issues being the most common (regardless of a specific product used for monitoring):
- the choice of objects to monitor isn't simple. To maintain a due level of security, all the network devices used (i.e., firewalls, routers, VPN devices, wireless access points) on the intranet boundary (i.e. network security perimeter), all the servers keeping information, and applications requiring restricted access and/or data integrity - all those must be under constant control. To ensure the stability of business processes, all the devices requiring a fail-proof operation should be monitored.
- the task of setting up acceptable availability and performance levels can be tricky. The optimal setup assumes that the administrator receives alerts on significant events but not on insignificant ones. Inadequate settings may lead to flooding the administrator with alerts or to loss of network status control. When there are too many alerts of insignificant events, important ones can get unnoticed. In addition, performance and availability levels sufficient for one server or business may be insufficient for another.
The network monitoring solution introduction stage can take quite a long time and requires special knowledge and experience in various network administration areas: network devices, servers, databases, mail, web, and other network applications. Our support team will assist in the introduction of the IPHost Network Monitor software into a customer’s network; we will help set it up to handle all the routine monitoring tasks efficiently - free of charge.
Our offer includes:
- assistance in monitoring setup (we have deep knowledge of how to use the program's features);
- consulting by our specialists on network monitoring;
- one year of technical support and software maintenance (upgrades), this is enough to have the software merged seamlessly with a business process.
With this offer, IPHost Network Monitor customers are able, with the help of our support and consulting, to launch full-scale network hardware and software monitoring processes in their organization – fast and at an affordable cost.
About IPHost Network Monitor http://www.iphostmonitor.com
IPHost Network Monitor helps network administrators ensure a trouble-free operation and smooth performance of the local and wide area network resources of a company. It supports a variety of monitoring methods from basic connectivity checks (PING, TCP, UDP) to SNMP and WMI operations, and can continuously monitor the performance of web pages, scripts and applications, remote databases, web and mail services, and so on. IPHost Network Monitor can execute a remote script or binary application via SSH. The ability to record and simulate real user activity (Web Transaction Monitor) allows ensuring a trouble-free operation of complex web sites, social networks, applications, web storefronts, and e-commerce sites.
The Remote Network Agent feature in IPHost Network Monitor allows administrators to monitor resources located in multiple remote LANs from one point. With the help of Remote Network Agents administrators can reliably monitor all types of resources just as if they were located in the same network.
In case of performance bottlenecks or downtimes, IPHost Network Monitor alerts network administrators via one or more notification methods, and can attempt to automatically resolve the issue by executing a pre-defined script or binary on the affected server. The network monitoring tool can send an email or a text message (SMS) to a mobile phone, or post an instant notification to ICQ, Jabber, or AOL IM messengers.
Pricing and Availability
Prices start at $99 for Basic Edition with up to 50 monitors, to $649 for Professional Edition with an unlimited number of monitors. The SMS via GSM modem alerts add-on is priced at $99. The Web Transaction Monitor add-on is available in 5-monitor packs priced at $199, the option with an unlimited number of Web Transaction Monitors allowed is priced at $499. Prices for Remote Network Agents are in range $30-$75 per agent depending on the number of agents purchased.
IPHostMonitor offers a free evaluation demo of its distributed network monitoring software at http://www.iphostmonitor.com/
Publisher and Editorial Information:
IT reviewers are encouraged to use this press release and any other related materials. We will be pleased to grant you a free registration key. If you do not consider electronically distributed software, please e-mail us with the details of your postal address and we will send you a jewel case. Cover media editors are authorized to include the 30-day trial version of IPHost Network Monitor 3.1 in their CD/DVD-ROMs.
# # #