Houston, TX (PRWEB) May 22, 2011
Zephyr is pleased to announce that PASSPORT PC TO HOST version 2011 is now available. Like previous versions of PASSPORT, the 2011 version is certified for use with Microsoft Windows 7.
To assist large enterprises with their migration to the PASSPORT terminal emulator, Zephyr has also introduced an improved migration wizard and conversion services that make it even easier to use PASSPORT as an alternative to other emulators. The migration wizard will assist organizations with the transition from Attachmate EXTRA! and IBM Personal Communications to PASSPORT by reading existing configuration files (session attributes, keyboard, colors and other schemes) and automatically converting the settings into a Zephyr format so PASSPORT starts with a familiar look and feel.
Highlights of PASSPORT 2011 include:
- Custom 3270 screen sizes
- Support for IPv6
- Microsoft Office integration for support of spell check, auto complete, word select and more
- Ability to create and store standard session configuration information, thereby centralizing administration of the local terminal emulation
- Easy deployment options for latest virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware
- Updated look and feel using the latest resources of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Response time display on users sessions
- Additional title bar customization options
- HLLAPI enhancements
PASSPORT offers advanced terminal emulation and file transfer for Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 7. Both desktop and browser-based versions of PASSPORT are available and feature robust APIs for screen-based legacy integration, as well as VBScript to develop productivity-enhancing macros. Secure TN3270E, TN5250E, VT, SCO ANSI, Wyse and FTP clients are included in the PASSPORT PC TO HOST and PASSPORT WEB TO HOST terminal emulation suites using SSL and SSH security .
If you have questions regarding this or any other announcement, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
For more information on PASSPORT or to download a free trial version of the Zephyr legacy application integration software, visit http://www.zephyrcorp.com.
# # #