We strive to create the ultimate catalog of experiences for Santa Fe and Taos, and at the request of our clients and readers, we are proud to grow the Essential Guide in some of the country’s hottest spots for travel, art, and culture. --Trish Byrd
(PRWEB) May 31, 2011
The Essential Guide—the Little Black Book of luxury travel that has been capturing the charm and character of Northern NM for over 23 years—is now expanding to some of the country’s most popular destinations.
Designed as a lifestyle publication with a focus on the arts, home design & décor, high-end shopping, dining and recreational activities, the mix and variety of advertisers and editorial are built to communicate the rich heritage, culture and traditions of the region in which it is published—to the acclaim of locals and visitors alike.
Despite economic difficulties nationwide, The Essential Guide has grown in size, production and distribution every year for the past 23 years and, nationally recognized, the Essential Guide has become synonymous with the best of regional art, fashion, food and travel.
“We strive to create the ultimate catalog of experiences for Santa Fe and Taos, and at the request of our clients and readers, we are proud to grow the Essential Guide in some of the country’s hottest spots for travel, art, and culture,” says co-owner Patricia Byrd, who runs the magazine with her husband, Chip Byrd. “These markets are highly viable, and our unique layout is built to sell it best. Simply put, the book works.”
WHAT MAKES THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE DIFFERENT?
- About half the price of other publications’ rates, yet includes professional graphic design and production of your full-color ad
- Six straight years of consistent and impressive growth of the book’s size and distribution, with increased circulation by triple, from 30,000 to 90,000 in 2011 (The EG Santa Fe & Taos)
- Considered the “preferred choice” by hotel guests according to concierges and selected by several premier hotels for in-room distribution, events, and wedding gift bags
- High quality editorial
- Expanded website provides additional, sophisticated exposure to clients via individualized pop-up pages and effective social media usage
- The NUMBER ONE book that both locals and tourists hold onto year after year
- Targeted distribution includes medical and legal conferences, the Veteran Czar Association’s national tours, architecture and publisher conferences, travel writer organizations, the National Artist conventions, SOFA, fashion professionals, ASID, The Golf Channel and national meeting planner, State Film commissions, celebrities and film crews
WHERE AND WHEN WILL THE NEW GUIDES BE PUBLISHED?
- Savannah, Charleston & the Low Country: Sales begin NOW, 1st publication: March 2012
- Spokane, Walla Walla & Coeur d’Alene: Sales begin summer 2011, 1st publication: early Summer of 2012
- Durango, Telluride & the San Juan Skyway: Sales begin fall 2011, 1st publication: late Fall of 2012
WHAT ARE OTHERS SAYING ABOUT THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE?
- “Each year that the Essential Guide comes out, we see multiple orders for our Stonework, fountains and art. It has been one of the most successful advertising sources for us in the past several years.” –Joshua Gannon, Stone Artist/Owner, Range West, Madrid, NM
- “After we listed in the Essential Guide, The Taos Inn saw a spike in web traffic from The Essential Guide website. This is a major factor right now in any advertising and marketing plan.” –Jamie Tedesco, Marketing Director, Historic Taos Inn, Taos, NM
- “Our ad in the Essential Guide featuring Heather Foster’s painting “22” has generated more inquiries in person, by phone and email than any other ad we have placed in any publication. The painting sold, but the inquiries keep coming!” –Martine Bertin-Peterson & Karl Peterson, Owners The Peterson-Cody Gallery, Santa Fe, NM
- For a video about the Essential Guide, go here.
Patricia and Chip Byrd, owners of Byrdnest Publishing Inc., have leveraged their extensive corporate and creative experience in marketing, strategic planning, advertising and corporate design to create sustainable, competitive advantages for the business and their clients. Patricia was the CEO of Lanpher, Wilson & Byrd, a consulting firm based in Washington D.C. that lead national companies, government agencies, senior management and new business ventures to success. Chip’s background includes 20 plus years behind the camera in the film industry, creating motion pictures and independent films. Prior to this, Chip worked in the travel industry, namely at the Walt Disney World Resorts.
For inquiries regarding advertising in the Essential Guide:
313 Los Arboles Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87501
For press inquiries:
# # #