Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) May 26, 2011
PipelineFX, makers of Qube!™, the leading render farm management software for digital media creation, announced today the release of Qube! version 6.2. Some of the highlights of the release include:
- Improved GUI performance - faster browsing and interaction with 10's of 1,000's of jobs
- Host-based licensing - maximizes investment in Nuke, Vray, mentalray and Render Man licenses
- Per-user and per-pgrp running subjobs limit - prevents a user from using too many resources at once
- Large farm performance optimization - a customer running a beta version of 6.2 recently rendered 485,680 frames in 24 hours on 600 hosts with a Supervisor load of less than 60 threads.
- Dynamic Allocation for Nuke - Loads the application and script once then renders multiple frames without re-load
- Houdini Distributed Simulations support
- Enhanced Shotgun Integration - render management integrated with production tracking
Customers currently on subscription can download version 6.2 immediately from the PipelineFX ftp site. Contact support(at)pipelinefx(dot)com to request a 6.2 license. Download "What's New in Qube! 6.2" from http://www.pipelinefx.com.
"This release extends Qube!’s scalability and fine-grained control of render farms," said Richard Lewis, CEO of PipelineFX. "Qube! 6.2 delivers some amazing performance metrics in real world visual effects production environments, but I am most excited about helping customers save money with the new host-based licensing feature. Combined with our extensive reporting this is really what “Smart Farming” is all about, getting away from just brute force effort during the render crunch. Do you really need more servers? More rendering licenses? With Qube! you know.”
About Qube!™ and Smart Farming™:
Qube! is an intelligent, mature and highly scalable render management solution that can be quickly integrated into any production workflow, and is backed by world-class technical support. Smart Farming delivers intelligence to production pipelines by providing business-critical insight into render pipelines, maximizing investment in rendering infrastructure and automating manual processes. Qube! works out of the box with all leading content creation applications and is truly cross-platform with all software components available on Windows®, Linux®, and Mac OS®X operating systems.
As the leading provider of intelligent render farm management solutions for digital content creation, PipelineFX provides software, support, consulting and training services worldwide. Over 500 customers across film and visual effects, post production, broadcast, design, games and education include BaseFX, BBC, Cinesite (Europe), Digital Domain, Electronic Arts, General Motors, Herman Miller, L.M.U., Laika Studios, Lockheed Martin, Method Studios, NBC, NHK, Pratt University, Procter & Gamble, Rainmaker Entertainment Inc., Reel FX, Smoke & Mirrors, South Park Studios, Starz Entertainment, Technicolor and Telemundo. PipelineFX is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, and has offices in Honolulu, Portland, Austin, Las Vegas and Vancouver.
For more information, please contact Richard Lewis, CEO of PipelineFX: richard(at)pipelinefx(dot)com, Ph: 808-685-7823, 1000 Bishop Street, Suite 509, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813, USA