San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 25, 2011
GigaOM, a leading business media company, today announced the finalists of Structure 2011 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition that recognizes the most promising cloud computing and infrastructure startups. From publicly submitted entries, 11 early-stage companies were
chosen by a panel of expert judges and GigaOM editorial staff based on their product innovation and visionary business models.
The LaunchPad finalists will present on stage at Structure 2011, the most influential cloud computing conference, set to take place June 22-23, 2011, in San Francisco at the Mission Bay Conference Center. Now in its fourth year, Structure 2011 is the industry’s must-attend conference for the top executives, investors, entrepreneurs, and technology directors leading the cloud computing and Internet infrastructure industries. Speakers at Structure 2011 include Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware; Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon; John Stankey, President and CEO of AT&T Business Solutions; and Lew Tucker, VP and CTO of cloud computing at Cisco.
“The cloud industry is now an established sector worth billions of dollars, but it never would have got to this point without the early innovators who conceived of a whole new computing paradigm. The Structure 2011 LaunchPad finalists are the next wave of Internet, infrastructure, and enterprise software startups that will lead cloud computing in new directions,” said Derrick Harris, GigaOM Structure Editor and Conference Chair. “This year, we had trouble choosing just 10 from all the qualified applicants, so we have 11 finalists, and we look forward to introducing these promising startups to the Structure 2011 community of entrepreneurs, investors, and industry executives.”
Startups and new products in the cloud computing, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and infrastructure
sectors were eligible to apply for the Structure 2011 LaunchPad competition. One company will
be chosen as the overall winner by a panel of industry judges at Structure 2011. The 11 finalists
of the Structure 2011 LaunchPad are:
- Acunu, which is rebuilding the storage stack to meet the challenge of data-intensive applications, offering fast and predictable performance from commodity hardware.
- BeyondCore, a company that enables scalability of Business Process Outsourcing and BPaaS through patented, award-winning algorithmic solutions; SplitSecure by BeyondCore enables processing of information security-regulated data without risk.
- Big Switch Networks, a new company building an OpenFlow-based platform to bring the benefits of virtualization and cloud architecture to enterprise networks.
- Cloudability, which manages all of your cloud costs in one place; Startup Weekly called the company "Mint.com for businesses on the cloud".
- CloudFloor, which controls the operation of cloud applications based on business insights and events.
- DotCloud, a new kind of PaaS that lets developers run any major application or database stack in the cloud.
- GenieDB, pioneer of a solution to the biggest distributed data problems, leveraging a geo-diverse data fabric combining SQL and NoSQL for PaaS providers and cloud builders.
- PHP Fog, the leading PaaS for the largest web developer market, increasing productivity, profitability, and programmer happiness.
- Real-Status, a modeling and visualization software company whose flagship product, Real-Status HyperGlance, is the world’s first 3D visualization tool for modeling cloud infrastructure.
- vCider, which is delivering the industry's first on-demand multi-layer distributed virtual switch for the cloud.
- Zerto, a stealth-mode startup developing technology to address the needs of virtualized mission-critical applications.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading provider of online media, events and research for global technology innovators. The company is one of the most credible and insightful voices at the intersection of business and technology, with an online audience of more than 4 million monthly unique visitors; industry-leading events, including Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live, Net:Work, Green:Net, and Structure: Big Data NY; and a pioneering market research service and digital community, GigaOM Pro, which provides insider access to expert analysis on emerging technology markets.