This tool can help teachers and parents spot the undetected vision problems missed by typical school screenings.
Brookfield, WI (PRWEB) May 31, 2011
The Vision Therapy Center has developed a tool to help teachers and parents identify vision problems. The Vision and Learning Guide is a free, downloadable PDF filled with resources on vision and learning issues.
The Guide was created to help educators and parents understand the close link between vision and learning. According to the American Optometric Association, 1 in 4 children have undetected vision problems that affect their learning.
"This tool can help teachers and parents spot the undetected vision problems missed by typical school screenings," said Dr. Kellye Knueppel, a developmental optometrist and owner of The Vision Therapy Center. "Because it's in a digital format, it can easily be shared with other parents and teachers. We hope people will pass this along to other families and teachers."
The Teacher/Parent Vision and Learning Guide includes:
- An overview of how vision can impact learning.
- A detailed description of how vision issues can affect particular subjects, such as reading and math.
- Samples of what schoolwork looks like from a person with vision problems.
- The Vision Quiz - a simple tool for quickly assessing if a student may have vision problems.
- Stress points that exist in a classroom, and modifications that can be made to help students.
- Links to studies on the efficacy of vision therapy.
Click to download the Vision and Learning Guide, or visit The Vision Therapy Center website at http://www.thevisiontherapycenter.com. If you have any questions, you may call The Vision Therapy Center at (262) 784-9201.
# # #