Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) May 26, 2011
WePay, the easiest way to collect money online, today unveiled WePay Tickets, the latest in a string of applications built on the company’s payments platform. WePay Tickets allows event organizers to start selling tickets to their events in under one minute. The company offers two options – WePay Tickets, which allows organizers to sell tickets and collect basic information from ticket purchasers, and WePay Tickets Pro, which allows organizers to create custom forms to gather detailed information from attendees or registrants.
For people using WePay Tickets to collect money for events like reunions, meetups, camps, clinics, and conferences, WePay provides a single solution to accept payment online and to manage ticket sales. Event organizers using WePay Tickets benefit from:
● No merchant account – WePay does not require organizers to have a merchant account or a PayPal account, which involve additional complexity and increased fees.
● Quick set up – Organizers can set up an account and start selling tickets in under a minute. After set-up, organizers can start collecting money immediately.
● Custom forms – Organizers can create custom registration forms to gather detailed information about ticket purchasers (such as t-shirt size, meal choice, etc.) which can be downloaded via CSV.
● Immediate access to funds – Organizers have instant access to the money they collect. Organizers can immediately spend money from the account by mailing paper checks, withdrawing funds to a bank account, or using a WePay Prepaid Visa debit card. No need to wait until the event is over.
● Track event expenses – Organizers can allow others to view the Event account. All money going in and out of the account is tracked, making it easy to maintain transparency and accountability.
● Ticket Sales widget – WePay makes it easy to put a button or a widget on your own website, so attendees can view and buy tickets directly from your event’s site.
● Affordable solution – WePay Tickets only charges a 3.5% fee without any additional monthly or “credit card processing fees.” WePay Tickets Pro charges a fee of 6% + $.99 per transaction.
“WePay is a payments company,” said Rich Aberman, founder of WePay. “But we also provide simple applications that make it easy for anybody to collect money online in a variety of different ways. WePay Tickets is a prime example of how effortless it should be to sell tickets online.”
For additional information on WePay Tickets and WePay Tickets Pro, please visit WePay.com, or call 1-855-469-3729 to set up a free demo. You can also email WePay at sales(at)wepay(dot)com.
WePay provides simple and affordable tools that make it easy for anybody to collect money online. Sell tickets (and accept registrations), collect donations, or request money with no contract, set up fees, or monthly fees. The Company’s investors include August Capital, Highland Capital Partners and YCombinator. WePay is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. For more information, please visit http://www.wepay.com.
# # #