This year’s Buildy Award winners represent the leaders who are driving the smart energy vision to become a mainstream reality. They are true industry role models.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) May 26, 2011
Clasma Events announced the winners of the eighth annual prestigious Buildy Awards during the keynote session at today’s ConnectivityWeek conference in Santa Clara, Calif. Representing five companies and industry organizations, Buildy winners were selected by their peers at this week’s Smart Grid conference.
Since 2004, the Buildy Awards have been presented at ConnectivityWeek to leaders, visionaries, and implementers of smart devices and smart systems. The five award winners, by category, are listed below.
● Smart Buildings: BuildingIQ for building energy optimization, which is helping to reduce energy consumption by more than 30 percent in commercial buildings in Australia. The technology is now available in North America.
● Smart Homes: Heart Transverter for efforts to build the Smart Grid from the bottom up, one house at a time, a truly innovative concept for driving home-to-grid connectivity with integrated energy storage, energy security, and more.
● Smart Industrial: Powerit Solutions for delivering integrated energy efficiency and automated demand response (AutoDR), yielding energy and demand savings for Four Star, a table grape producer in Delano, Calif.
● Smart Grid: The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) for the Électricité de France (EDF) PREMIO Project -- a collaborative five-year demonstration project with 19 utility members to optimize integration of distributed energy resources, enabling load relief, network support, and CO2 reduction in the southeast of France.
● Connectivity Visionary: The GridWise® Architecture Council (GWAC) for leadership in the following areas: focusing vendor, policymaker, utility, and media attention on interoperability; fostering cooperation among engineers and policymakers to effectively address technical issues in ways non-technical communities understand; raising interoperability capabilities; and educating all stakeholders about interoperability.
“At ConnectivityWeek, we bring smart energy leaders and visionaries together from both sides of the meter -- including the utility side and the consumption side,” said Anto Budiardjo, president and CEO, Clasma Events. “This year’s Buildy Award winners represent the leaders who are driving the smart energy vision to become a mainstream reality. They are true industry role models.”
For more information, visit: http://connectivityweek.com/2011/#buildy.
Clasma Events, Inc. is a global event company specializing in strategic conferences at the center of the worldwide energy discussion. Clasma provides a stage for collaboration and cooperation among industry thought leaders at the forefront of the smart energy movement. Focusing on Smart Grid, connectivity, and the new energy economy, Clasma’s major events include ConnectivityWeek, GridWeek, and Grid-Interop. http://www.clasma.com.
Clasma, GridWeek, ConnectivityWeek, and Grid-Interop are trademarks or registered trademarks of Clasma International Corp. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Allison Eckelkamp, Allison[at]clasma[dot]com: 508-769-6276