"Advanced, high-resolution construction cameras provide a secure and reliable resource to help avoid or quickly resolve claims against your organization."
Chandler McCormack, CEO, OxBlue
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) June 09, 2011
If it’s not documented, it doesn’t exist. This axiom is an absolute law when protecting your organization from liability. The challenge in today’s information-rich environment is finding and accessing the right information to protect a company's interest in a simplified and timely manner.
Documentation is the basis of OxBlue's advanced, high-resolution construction camera services and they have announced that companies can drive successful claim and dispute resolution by providing the right documentation.
CEO, Chandler McCormack, gives three simple examples of this:
- Contract Dispute—A contractor is at odds with a sub who did not finish his job on time. Although the sub states his work was delayed by another contractor, the construction or time-lapse camera shows the previous construction stage was completed on time and that the sub should have started his job earlier.
- Warranty Claim—While reviewing images of a store under construction, a retailer noticed that the contractor left insulation exposed to the elements for three weeks. Knowing this would cause the insulation’s life to be shortened, the retailer was able to get a credit on that material.
- Injury Claim—A motorcyclist files a lawsuit claiming that he hit a rock from a job site and was critically injured. The contractor pulls the archived photos from the day of the accident to show that there were no rocks in the road by the site, proving the claim fraudulent.
The following criteria are critical when selecting a camera to protect your interests, explains McCormack:
- The camera must provide the right vantage point on the site to cover the entire area. Since construction sites inherently have limited Internet connectivity, a cellular-based camera is vital to provide versatility to position the camera where needed.
- High resolution is essential. Security cameras and common webcams are insufficient, because you need a camera with resolutions from 4 to 12 megapixels to provide useful information—that’s more than 10 to 30 times the image resolution of television.
- Archiving and easy access to the data is imperative. You need a service that provides images from any time and any day the job was in progress.
By selecting the right construction camera, a company can ensure its business is protected, and that disputes are resolved in a fair and equitable manner.
OxBlue is a leading construction webcam service provider, giving numerous Fortune 500 companies the hardware, connectivity and expertise to enable constant access to jobsites through high resolution construction webcam images. In addition to connecting people on and off site and providing documentation to mitigate risk, Oxblue’s construction cameras provide accountability and increase communications between construction companies and clients.
# # #