Eagan, MN (PRWEB) June 01, 2011
Midwest ENERGY Association’s (MEA) is proud to announce that eight (8) electric utility members have received Life Sustaining Awards. Each year MEA sponsors the Life Sustaining Awards program to recognize industry employees who have performed service "above and beyond" the call of duty by saving or attempting to save the life of another. Applicants for these awards are approved by the Executive Committee of MEA's Board of Directors.
The 2011 Electric Utility Life Sustaining Award winners are:
- Jeff Steinert and Kevin Schweizer - We Energies
- Sue Dallavalle, seasonal meter reader - We Energies
- Ray C. Lynn, superintendent technician - Omaha Public Power District
- Michael R. Boutcher , underground maintenance & construction supervisor - ComEd
- Kevin Miller, overhead electrician & Jeff Koubek , overhead electrician - ComEd
- Joe Avery, meter reader - ComEd
To read their stories visit http://www.midwestenergy.org. For more information about Midwest ENERGY Association contact Tom Jackson at (651) 289-9600 x112.
MEA serves the people that deliver electricity and natural gas to homes and business. MEA (Midwest ENERGY Association) was founded as a trade association over 100 years ago by distribution utilities, whose vision was to improve safety and efficiency. Today, utility companies around the globe benefit from MEA's industry learning seminars, operations summits, and other events. Members collaborated to develop EnergyU, the world's premier online training and testing system for gas and electric distribution utilities.