Williston, VT (PRWEB) June 01, 2011
Today, MicroStrain announces the release of SensorCloud™ (http://www.SensorCloud.com), a unique sensor data storage, visualization, and remote management platform that leverages powerful cloud computing technologies to provide excellent data scalability, rapid graphing, and user programmable online analytics. Originally designed to support long-term deployments of MicroStrain wireless sensors, SensorCloud now supports any web-connected third party device, sensor, or sensor network through a simple OpenData API.
Core SensorCloud features include:
- Data in the Cloud: Virtually unlimited data storage with triple-redundant reliability, ideal for collecting and preserving long-term sensor data streams
- OpenData API: Allows users to securely upload sensor data from any web-connected source or platform, and download selected or entire sets of data
- FastGraph: Time series visualization & graphing tool with exceptionally fast response allows viewers to navigate through massive amounts of data, and quickly zero in on points of interest
- Custom Alerts: Flexible SMS and email alert scripting features helps users to create meaningful and actionable alerts
- LiveConnect: Allows remote configuration, viewing, and record high speed data streams from any wireless sensor cluster on your Ethernet network in real-time
- MathEngine: Enables users to quickly develop and deploy data processing and analysis apps that live alongside their data in the cloud
According to Steve Arms, CEO of MicroStrain, “We have now expanded our offerings from sensors and sensor networks to information management and analysis, and have implemented SensorCloud to provide sensor information when, where and how our customers require it. This is truly ground-breaking technology and I am proud to lead such an innovative team of engineers who have thought outside of the box to make this a reality.”
Unlike previous web-based sensor data aggregation platforms, MicroStrain’s SensorCloud is unique in that it leverages several new cloud computing technologies to make it easier to work with extremely large data sets using a new high-performance web data visualization tool that typically generates plots in under a second, and allows users to quickly navigate through gigabyte, terabyte, and even petabyte sized data sets. In addition, SensorCloud is, to our knowledge, the first web-based sensor data aggregation platform that provides a flexible online analytics tool supporting user-developed apps. Users can either upload their code or use an online editor to develop a wide range of data processing apps, from simple one-time scripts for filtering and statistical analysis, to advanced, continuously-running online algorithms for health monitoring and prognostics.
MicroStrain (http://www.microstrain.com) is a leading manufacturer of inertial measurement systems, micro-displacement transducers, wireless sensor networks, and energy harvesting technologies. MicroStrain's sensors are used in a variety of industrial, defense, and medical applications including testing of new designs, controlling critical manufacturing processes, navigating unmanned vehicles, platform stabilization, wearable tracking systems and extending the operating life of machines and structures. Recognized as a leader in the sensor industry, MicroStrain has received multiple awards for product innovation.