It’s time to declare independence from standard 4th of July fare. Guests will “ooh and aah” at the perfect, patriotic pairing of, Humboldt Fog™ – an American original – and fresh berries bursting with flavor.
Arcata, CA (PRWEB) June 01, 2011
It’s time to declare independence from standard 4th of July fare. Guests will “ooh and aah” at the perfect, patriotic pairing Cypress Grove Chevre has created with its Humboldt Fog™ – an American original – and fresh berries bursting with flavor. As an elegant centerpiece for a backyard barbecue, poolside party or any fireworks-filled festivity, this eye-popping presentation is easy to create.
“We love the look of this presentation, but the beauty is really in the pairing of the cheese with sweet berries,” said Cypress Grove Chevre Founder Mary Keehn. “It’s a traditional pairing that works well as a starter, dessert, or for nibbling throughout the day.”
Humboldt Fog is a soft ripened goat cheese with a creamy, luscious texture and tangy subtle flavors. It was an American original when introduced nearly 20 years ago and has become an American classic. Each round resembles a white-frosted layer of cake, and the illusion continues when the cheese is sliced. The delicate ribbon of vegetable ash through the center gives it a remarkable resemblance to a layer cake.
To create this holiday treat:
- For small gatherings, use a Humboldt Fog Mini (1 lb) or for larger groups, use a 5-pound Humboldt Fog Grande and place the chevre round on a serving plate or wooden tray
- Place fresh blueberries* in the center of the cheese, forming a small circle
- Working from the edge of the blueberries outward, place fresh raspberries* in concentric circles, so that the top of the wheel is covered in red and blue berries
- Create a mini flag with a personalized message on the computer (i.e., Unabashedly American) and attach it to a wooden skewer
- Serve with rustic artisan breads and honey
- Pairs well with a Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or a Pinot Noir, or a light wheat beer or pale ale
*Note: For best results, berries should be completely dry before placing on the fluffy white cheese rind cheese.
About Cypress Grove Chevre (http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com)
Cypress Grove Chevre is the leading producer of fine American goat cheese, including the top-selling American artisanal classic, Humboldt Fog. Founded in 1983 by Mary Keehn, Cypress Grove continues a tradition of innovation by introducing original American cheeses to the marketplace, such as Truffle Tremor and new Herbs de Humboldt. Based in Arcata, CA, where the Redwoods meet the Pacific, Cypress Grove’s award-winning family of products can be found at fine retail outlets and restaurants across the country. Cypress Grove’s mission is to provide its customers with an innovative and unique selection of cheeses while taking care of its employees, community, dairies and the environment.
# # #