MIAMI, FL (PRWEB) June 02, 2011
With the sponsorship of the ICAO Regional Aviation Safety Group – Pan America (RASG-PA), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in partnership with the Latin American and Caribbean Air Transport Association (ALTA), will once again host the 2nd Pan-American Aviation Safety Summit, the most complete aviation safety event focused exclusively on the Pan-American region.
The 2nd Pan-American Aviation Safety Summit gathers regional and international safety leaders to debate the latest strategies in aviation safety, analyze statistics in the region and review the most recent initiatives of the RASG-PA. Co-sponsored by Aeromexico and Volaris, this unique gathering will take place the 15th and 16th of June at the Hotel Sheraton Maria Isabel in Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City.
For more information and registration, visit http://www.altasafetysummit.com.
Industry leaders, including 25 directors of safety operations from the largest airlines in the region, will discuss and debate the timeliest topics:
- DGAC México, Director General, Héctor González Weeks
- ICAO NACC, Regional Director, Loretta Martin
- Jamaica, Director of the Civil Aviation Authority & Co-Chairman of RASG-PA, Oscar Derby
- Costa Rica, Director DGAC, Jorge Fernandez
- ACI-LAC, President, Phillipe Baril
- Aeromexico, CEO, Andrés Conesa
- Volaris, CEO, Enrique Beltranena
- AviancaTaca, Chairman of the Board and President of ALTA, Roberto Kriete
- ALTA, Executive Director and Co-Chairman of RASG-PA, Alex de Gunten
- Mexico SENEAM, Air Traffic Services, Adjoint Director, Rodolfo Olivares
- Flight Safety Foundation (FSF), President and CEO, Bill Voss
- Airports and Auxiliary Services (ASA), Director General, Gilberto Lopez Meyer
- Boeing, Deputy Chief Engineer Aviation System Safety, Gerardo Hueto
- Boeing, Director, Aviation Safety, Cornelia W. Townsend
- Airbus, VP Safety and Technical Affairs, Bill Bozin
- IATA, Regional Director, Safety, Operations and Infrastructure, Peter Cerda
- CAST, Manager International Operations, Glenn Michael
- IFALPA Américas, VP, Germán Díaz
- ANAC Brazil, Lead Manager Safety Analysis & Research, Ricardo Senra
- FAA, Director Western Hemisphere Office, Dawn Veatch
- ICAO NACC, Regional Officer Flight Safety, Eduardo Chacin
- AviancaTaca, Safety Director, Santiago Luna
- Central American Agency for Aviation Safety (ACSA), Assistant Director Mario Chacón
- Aeromexico, IFALPA, Captain Carlos Arroyo
The 2011 Pan-American Aviation Safety Summit includes:
- An air safety conference with industry experts and leading executives from: ICAO, ANAC, FAA, DGAC, ALTA, IATA, ACI, IFALPA, IFATCA, AIRBUS, BOEING and EMBRAER, among many others.
- Two days of training, panel discussions and seminars focused on mitigation strategies for the top three data-driven risk areas in the region, including runway excursions, loss of control inflight and ground impact without loss of control, according to the latest statistics from the region.
- Unique opportunities to interact and exchange ideas with industry specialists in these particular areas.
Participation is open to operators (commercial, cargo, and corporate), pilot groups, regulators, airport personnel, ATC representatives, and any other companies or individuals whose goal is a safer aviation industry.
Collaborators include: ICAO, AIRBUS, ACI-LAC, ACSA, ALTA, ANAC, BOEING, CANAERO, CANSO, CAST, IATA, IFALPA and IFATCA.
For more information and to register, visit http://www.altasafetysummit.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALTA (Latin American and Caribbean Air Transport Association) is a private, non-profit organization, whose member airlines represent more than 90 percent of the region's commercial air traffic. ALTA coordinates the collaborative efforts of its members in order to facilitate the development of safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly air transport in the Latin America and Caribbean region for the mutual benefit of the association's members, their customers and the industry. Visit ALTA at http://www.alta.aero.
Member Airlines: Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeroméxico, Aeroméxico Connect, Aerosur, Air Jamaica, Avianca, Bahamasair, Caribbean Airlines, Cayman Airways, COPA Airlines, COPA Airlines Colombia, Cubana, GOL, LAN, LAN Ecuador, LAN Peru, LIAT, Mexicana, Mexicana Click, PLUNA, TACA, TACA Peru, TAM, TAM Mercosur, TAME, Volaris Associate Members: Air Canada, Continental Airlines, Iberia, TAP Portugal, United Airlines, UPS, WestJet Affiliate Members: Airbus, Airline Business Magazine, Amadeus, AON, ARINC, Ascend, ATR, AvGroup, Bain & Company, Barfield, Boeing, Bombardier, CFM, Chevron Aviation, Chromalloy, Embraer, GE Aviation, Hahn Air, HEICO, Lufthansa Consulting, Lufthansa Systems, MARSH Aviation, Mercator, Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation, OAG, Petrobras, Pratt & Whitney, Rockwell Collins, ROUTES, SABRE Air Solutions, SH&E, SHELL Aviation, SITA, SNECMA, Spencer Stuart, Superjet International, Travelport, UATP, Wencor and Willis Aerospace.