Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) June 02, 2011
The USGBC Charlotte Region Chapter Board of Directors announces the creation of its first Advisory Council. This diverse group of leaders will provide the chapter’s Board of Directors with crucial feedback and guidance in areas including strategic goals, mission and operational execution.
The Advisory Council was chosen from industry leaders in manufacturing, government, non-profit, business, education, and economic development.
“We are very excited to have this esteemed group take a leadership role with our chapter,” said Chris Studney, Chair, Board of Directors. “Their experience and knowledge will help push forward our mission to transform the way buildings are designed, built and operated throughout our region.”
The 2011 USGBC Charlotte Region Chapter Advisory Council includes:
- George Bandy (VP for Sustainability Strategy, InterfaceFLOR)
- Tony Brizendine (Chair & Professor, Engineering Technology & Construction Management, UNC Charlotte)
- Bob Dooley (SVP, Balfour Beatty Construction)
- Bert Green (Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte)
- John W. Harris (President & CEO, Lincoln Harris)
- Jennifer Roberts (Chairman, At-Large, Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners)
- Lisa Shpritz (Environmental Risk & Sustainability Executive, Bank of America)
- Michael Smith (President & CEO, Charlotte Center City Partners)
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Charlotte Region Chapter is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to a prosperous and sustainable future for our region through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings. USGBC is the driving force of an industry that is projected to contribute $554 billion to the U.S. gross domestic product from 2009-2013. USGBC Charlotte Region Chapter leads a diverse constituency of professionals in the green building industry, as well as builders and environmentalists, corporations and nonprofit organizations, elected officials and concerned citizens, and teachers and students. For more information, go to http://www.usgbccrc.org.