Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) June 06, 2011
Today, the education services and technology company Pearson launches an online conference that provides America’s teachers with 24/7 front-row access to educational resources delivered via live webinars, on-demand podcasts, and a multimedia gallery of videos.
Pearson’s free virtual conference affords educators ample opportunities to learn more about the Common Core State Standards, the power of online learning to personalized education, and stories from real teachers who are achieving their goals with digital solutions.
“Successful education is not just about what we teach our students, but it’s also about how we teach them. The evolution of technology has changed the way we live and learn. And, at Pearson, we’re harnessing the best of education technology to help our teachers teach better today than they did yesterday and ensuring all students have a personalized path to academic success,” said Bob Roliardi, president of Pearson Digital Learning. “Our virtual conference showcases the best in fully digital courseware, along with industry experts, to help teachers bring technology into the classroom.”
Pearson’s virtual conference includes two expert-led, live webinars:
(June 8, 2011 at 2 p.m. ET)
o Dr. Francis (Skip) Fennell, past president of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and professor of education and graduate and professional studies at McDaniel College, will discuss the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, which are clear, internationally benchmarked educational benchmarks designed to ensure that students graduating from high school are college and career ready. The webinar will examine how educators can translate these new principles into action at the classroom and school level.
(June 16, 2011 at 2 p.m. ET)
o Bob Wise, former governor of West Virginia and current president of the Alliance for Excellent Education, will describe three major crises in K-12 education in the United States--teacher shortages, state budget shortfalls, and low student achievement--and explain how technology and online learning can lead the U.S. education system out of them.
In addition to these online sessions, the virtual conference will feature videos and podcasts dedicated to Pearson’s digital programs, including:
- Waterford Early Learning – As a digital curriculum, Waterford Early Learning provides explicit, individualized instruction in reading, math, and science for learners from pre-Kindergarten through second grade.
- SuccessMaker – SuccessMaker is a digital solution that offers automatically differentiated instruction for learners in grades K through 8 with standards-aligned, research-based mathematics and reading curricula.
- NovaNET Courseware – NovaNET Courseware provides anywhere access via the web to high quality, core high school curriculum to support credit accrual and recovery, dropout prevention, virtual learning initiatives, and college- and career-readiness.
- ELLIS – ELLIS, available for elementary and secondary students, helps school districts close the achievement gap for learners with limited English proficiency through computer-based, self-pace learning.
- MyMathLab Algebra I and Algebra II – Pearson’s groundbreaking online math program provides learning tools and resources for high schoolers, including personalized study plans; homework, quizzes and tests with immediate feedback; a fully interactive eText; and more than 1,500 videos per course.
- WriteToLearn - Pearson’s online solution helps middle and high school students develop their writing and reading comprehension skills.
An additional podcast will be available to explain how educators can get the maximum value out of their software investment through training, professional development, implementation management and technical support.
The online conference kicks off on May 31 and continues until June 17, 2011. To register for and attend the conference, go to http://www.PearsonSchool.com/InnerHero.
For educators looking for additional opportunities to engage with digital education technologies, Pearson is hosting a live event on June 28 at the 2011 ISTE National Conference in Philadelphia where educators can hear from industry experts and learn more about the latest in education technology. More details about the ISTE event are available at http://www.PearsonSchool.com/InnerHero.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global reach and market leading businesses in education, business and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).
Stacy Skelly, Pearson