San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 02, 2011
Smarter energy solutions has become a priority worldwide and combined annual revenues for Smart Energy markets will reach $97 billion within the next decade, according to ON World.
“The race to build the Smart Grid is making the Internet of Things a reality with a rapid migration to IPv6, cloud computing and a new generation of consumer services,” says Mareca Hatler, ON World’s research director.
There are dozens of Smart Energy markets that are converging with the latest networking technologies such as IPv6 to create the next Internet “gold rush.” This has drawn all the major networking, IT, consumer electronics and Telecom companies and is illustrated by the energy cloud services offerings by ADT, Comcast and Verizon. Google’s recently announced Android@Home open source platform provides a developer gateway into the smart home market that will ultimately benefit consumers by encouraging more competition and lower prices.
ON World’s research helps marketers and developers navigate the dynamic legislative, technology, and competitive forces in Smart Energy markets. The recently released “Smart Grid Set” provides an economical research package based on nearly 1000 surveyed individuals across the whole energy value chain including utilities, consumers, commercial building managers, professional installers, vendors and suppliers.
A few of the questions addressed in this research include the following:
- Which Smart Energy products, services and channels will be most successful at reaching the consumer?
- What technologies are currently gaining traction and will likely prevail long-term?
- How will business models work for collaborations between energy providers and third party service providers?
- What are utilities’ intentions for home energy management and how do they see the role of public networks and third party service providers?
- What will be the biggest and fastest growing Smart Energy markets over the next decade and what are some niches where newcomers can gain an advantage?
More information and free executive summaries are available from: http://www.onworld.com/smartgrid
About ON World:
ON World provides world class business intelligence on smart technology markets. Our research reports and information services are sold to Fortune 1000 companies, startups, and investors worldwide. More info from: http://www.onworld.com.
Mary E. Purvis