New York, NY (PRWEB) June 01, 2011
Robert Jeanbart, global head of SunGard’s MarketMap business unit, said, “As the wealth management industry experiences constant change, financial advisors need fast, high-quality data to meet their research needs, improve price discovery and enhance client service. With MarketMap’s integration with SunGard’s WealthStation, advisors have seamless access to news, pricing and analysis alongside financial planning, asset allocation and trading capabilities. This offers a best-practice approach for capitalizing on change and helping achieve greater process efficiencies.”
Ten trends shaping market data in wealth management are:
Enhancing client service:
1. Market uncertainty is driving investor demand for better service from advisors, and higher quality market data to drive decisions
2. Reducing risk through asset diversification is driving the need for global asset class coverage, requiring improved scalability
3. Market data also helps advisors facilitate long-term wealth planning
4. Wealth managers are seeking integrated, single-vendor solutions to help increase efficiencies, reduce costs and improve productivity
5. Advisors need market data to help them make secure investment decisions, and comply with regulations
6. Advisors also need market data viewed alongside research, client portfolios and execution capability to help improve accuracy and speed
7. Growing advisor and investor demand for mobile applications means market data must be managed in lightweight, technology-efficient infrastructures
8. Market data is increasingly purchased and centralized at the firm level to manage consistency and delivery, and gain transparency into variable costs
9. Firms only want to pay for the market data that they need and use, thereby reducing expenses associated with unnecessary data
10. Firms are demanding best practice, integrated processes that can be used out-of-the-box or configured to meet individual advisor requirements
According to the February 2011 Forrester Research, Inc. report, The State of Mobile Investing, “Many mobile investors use the mobile channel to check stock prices and market data. Nearly half of all mobile investors have used the mobile channel to get stock quotes or other market information in the past three months, making this the second most common mobile investing activity.”
Isabella Fonseca, research director at Celent, said, “Market data providers are addressing the need of wealth managers by redesigning their products to provide one source of information—all in one place. Market data is a key tool for firms to increase efficiency, make secure investment decisions, comply with regulations, use in long-term wealth planning and account management, develop new business leads or generate ideas, and facilitate customer communication.”
Fritz McCormick, senior analyst at Aite Group, said, “Solutions that integrate market data onto a single platform help users to improve productivity, decision making and service while helping firms to better automate workflow and reduce the amount of resources required.”
Ray Maratea, president of Legent, said, “SunGard’s solutions help us compete effectively by giving us the ability to offer technology of the same caliber as supplied by many larger clearing firms. MarketMap’s real-time data and accessibility will give our correspondents the information and support they need to make effective decisions.”
Are you capitalizing on change? We invite you join the conversation and see what the industry is saying about the latest trends taking place at http://www.capitalize-on-change.com/. Also follow SunGard on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SunGardFS.
About SunGard’s MarketMap
SunGard’s MarketMap suite of front-to-back global market data solutions help customers support growth opportunities while managing costs associated with market data. MarketMap provides lightweight market data applications, customizable web components and data feeds, and seamless integration with other SunGard solutions. With data delivered through the SunGard Global Network (SGN) and enriched by best of breed third party sources, MarketMap provides the full breadth of decision support needed for trading, research, risk management, portfolio management and advisory functions within financial institutions, while its sophisticated usage reports help monitor and control data costs in real time. In addition, MarketMap offers an integrated historical database solution for real-time and high-volume time series data and tools to help firms analyze investment results and opportunities, and distribute real-time intra-day content via Web sites and software applications. 8 out of the top 10 banks in the world use SunGard’s MarketMap solutions.
SunGard is one of the world's leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 20,000 employees and serves 25,000 customers in 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of about $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 434 on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company. Look for us wherever the mission is critical. For more information, visit http://www.sungard.com.
Trademark Information: SunGard, the SunGard logo, MarketMap and WealthStation are trademarks or registered trademarks of SunGard Data Systems Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. All other trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
# # #