Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 03, 2011
WPL Publishing soon will kick off a four-part webinar training series to help professionals prepare for the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Building Design and Construction (BD+C) exam.
The course is designed to provide an intensive and comprehensive review of the knowledge areas required for success on the exam. It is intended to bridge the gaps between other exam preparation resources, such as the LEED BD+C Reference Guide and LEED AP BD+C Study Guide, and provide interpretation and enhanced understanding of key information contained in these resources. To register for the webinar series, which will begin Tuesday, June 14, 2011, at 1:00 p.m., visit http://tinyurl.com/5skqpw6.
The course, which consists of four two-hour webinars, will cover the following topics:
- Session 1 -- Introduction/Sustainable Sites, June 14, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Session 2 -- Water Efficiency/Energy and Atmosphere, June 16, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Session 3 -- Materials and Resources, June 21, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Session 4 -- Indoor Environmental Quality/Innovation and Regional Priority, June 23, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
The webinar series will help attendees do the following:
- Understand the application of LEED requirements in varying project circumstances.
- Learn about the primary green building strategies that contribute to LEED credits.
- Comprehend referenced standards and calculation methodologies for key LEED credits.
- Receive advice on how to focus their study and use other resources effectively to prepare for the exam.
The course will include a review of the key elements of each prerequisite and credit in the rating system and use presentation and project examples to help attendees understand the concepts and retain critical information.
Addressing webinar attendees will be Jeffrey Caudill, a consultant for Green Building Services’ (GBS) Green Communities Group, and Ralph DiNola, a principal at GBS. Caudill combines his experience at GBS with more than three previous years as a land use planner to identify innovative green building techniques at various levels, including the planning, design, and construction phases of projects in the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere. Mr. DiNola has 15 years of green building expertise and serves as a U.S. Green Building Council faculty member and board member for the Cascadia Region Green Building Council.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/5skqpw6.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. produces three construction newsletters: Construction Claims Advisor (http://www.constructionclaims.com), Green Building Insider (http://www.greenbuildinginsider.com), and Construction Advisor Today (http://www.constructionadvisortoday.com). The company also hosts webinar series on topics relevant to the construction industry. WPL is on Twitter at CAT_Online.