"We see our visitors using their smartphones to jot down wine tasting notes and research vintages all the time, and we wanted to make it easier for them to discover all that Ferrari-Carano has to offer in one place." -- Rhonda Carano, owner.
Healdsburg, Calif. (PRWEB) June 06, 2011
Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery announces the launch of their new iPhone and Android apps, as well as a mobile website for BlackBerry and other smartphones. The free mobile solutions let visitors learn about Ferrari-Carano’s vineyard ranches, set up a tour or private tasting, find Ferrari-Carano wines at restaurants and retail outlets nationally, browse the winery’s selection of nationally acclaimed wines, book room reservations at Vintners Inn, or book dinner reservations at John Ash & Co.
“We see our visitors using their smartphones to jot down wine tasting notes and research vintages all the time, and we wanted to make it easier for them to discover all that Ferrari-Carano has to offer in one place,” said Rhonda Carano, owner. “Our new mobile app gives our visitors a whole new way to explore and experience the tastes and sights of California wine country.”
The multi-platform mobile apps were developed by San Francisco mobile software developer MacroView Labs and launch just in time for Sonoma County’s summer high season. From wine guides to information on tours and tastings, Ferrari-Carano’s mobile app allows visitors to plan their trip, learn more about wines, share their experiences with friends, and more.
Sample mobile app features include:
- A full catalog of Ferrari-Carano wines and gifts
- A food and wine pairing guide with recipes from Rhonda Carano’s personal library
- Tours and tastings information
- Circle of Friends wine club details and member sign-in for deep discounts, exclusive events and personalized concierge service
- Learn about the Vintners Inn, an intimate four-diamond hotel, and book spa services and hotel rooms right from the app
- Browse restaurant menus and make reservations at both John Ash & Co. Restaurant and the Front Room Bar and Lounge
- Local information about the region and maps that allow access to overhead custom GPS maps of the winery, the Inn and the surrounding area. Visitors can even drop a pin onto the satellite map to remember where they parked
- A wine locator to find Ferrari-Carano wines in select restaurants and retail outlets throughout the country
- My Ferrari-Carano, which lets app users bookmark information about wine tours, their favorite vintage or restaurant menus, or save any page in the app to create their own itinerary
- Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, YouTube, and tell-a-friend integration
The iPhone app is available for download in the Apple iTunes Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id437828394?mt=8 and the Android application is available in the Android marketplace at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mvl.ferraricarano. The mobile website is available at http://mobile.ferraricarano.com.
“More and more people are expecting their favorite brands to have strong mobile presence,” said Aron Ezra, CEO of MacroView Labs. “We’ve packed in some really exciting features and content that should appeal to long-time fans and novices alike as they discover everything that Ferrari-Carano has to offer."
About Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery
Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery is located at 8761 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg, CA, (707) 433-6700, (800) 831-0381, and is open 10 – 5pm daily. The Enoteca is open 10 – 4:30pm daily. For more information, please visit http://www.ferrari-carano.com.
About MacroView Labs
MacroView Labs is a mobile software company that helps its customers and their target audiences understand and interact with each other in the mobile world. MacroView’s proprietary platform allows clients to include many functionalities in a single app, and allows that app to work across multiple mobile devices. The company provides ongoing development, best practice mobile consulting, unlimited upgrades and account management activities. The apps give guests and customers an enhanced real-world experience by providing them with schedules, GPS maps, games, activities and other concierge services. More information is at http://www.macroviewlabs.com.
# # #