San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 07, 2011
Leading photography software developer Nik Software (http://www.niksoftware.com) today introduced Snapseed™, its new photo experience for iPad. Snapseed is an entirely new photo application designed specifically for iPad and leverages the company’s advanced photographic technologies to deliver a fast, fun, and high quality photo experience for everyone. To learn more and purchase Snapseed, visit the App Store (http://www.niksoftware.com/buysnapseedipad) or watch videos at http://www.niksoftware.com/snapseed.
“Snapseed represents a new generation of photography applications that will extend far beyond mobile devices and deliver to everyone the power, performance, and simplicity that we have delivered to professionals for over a decade,” said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software. “Everyone at Nik Software is passionate about photography and we are all excited to begin to offer products and features that we love via Snapseed.”
Snapseed enables anyone to create amazing photos with a wide variety of innovative filters and tools. Snapseed includes filters like Grunge, Vintage and Drama that can make any photo look extraordinary. Snapseed for iPad introduces the company’s revolutionary U Point technology in touch devices, bringing precise selective adjustments to change lighting, color, and more by simply touching and swiping the screen. Swiping side-to-side enhances the Brightness, Contrast, or Saturation of only the object selected, blending the effect naturally throughout the image. Snapseed for iPad is the first application in a new generation of photography software that brings the power of the desktop to mobile devices. With Snapseed, users can enhance, edit, and share their photos via social networks, email and even print via Apple’s AirPrint™ WiFi printing standard.
- Grunge—Explore styles and textures without limits and give photos a totally unique look
- Selective Adjust—Using nothing more than a finger, make precise selections and enhancements in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
- Drama—Add custom effects to a photo which range from subtle enhancements of textures to wildly creative and artistic effects
- Vintage Films—Nine unique nostalgic films, plus controls like saturation, textures and vignettes make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
- Tune Image—Correct photos shot in difficult lighting situations, create depth and vibrancy with Ambience, or adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast and more with a few quick swipes
- Organic Frames—Add unique borders to photos by choosing styles and textures
- Black and White—Give photos a classic look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Select styles, grain, vignettes, and more for a perfectly nostalgic look
- Sharing—Show off photos via email, print them, or share on Facebook, Flickr, and more
Pricing and Availability
Snapseed for iPad is available now on the App Store at http://www.niksoftware.com/buysnapseedipad for $4.99 or the equivalent in other currencies.
About Nik Software
Nik Software, Inc. develops award-winning desktop and mobile software solutions and technologies for the professional digital imaging and consumer photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic products and technologies, including its patented U Point® technology. In 2011, the company earned the prestigious International TIPA award for Best Photo Software for its Complete Collection of professional photography products, which includes Color Efex Pro, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, and Dfine. For more information, visit http://www.niksoftware.com.
Download the Snapseed press kit here.
Nik Software, Inc.
Tony Corbell, Senior Manager, Communications
7588 Metropolitan Drive
San Diego, CA 92108 (USA)
T. +1 619-725-3150
# # #