Liverpool, Merseyside, UK (PRWEB UK) 6 June 2011
Unique Improvements (http://uniqueimprovements.co.uk), a North West based Social Enterprise specialising in Commissioning Training & Engagement Training Courses, is pleased to announce the launch of Uni Bursaries. The Bursaries are funding packages aimed at supporting groups of staff who would not normally attract training funding or where there is a limited training budget to access quality university accredited training courses.
The bursaries are available to all health and social care staff, primary care practice staff and lay people. They are offered on the basis of one free place for every bought place on one of five university accredited courses covering engagement and involvement, and commissioning. The courses range from level 4 introduction to in-depth courses at academic level 6. This means that NHS PCT clusters, GP Consortia or Local Authorities can invest in commissioning and engagement with the full confidence that they will get twice the return on their investment. If there is greater demand in an area the courses will be delivered in that location thus providing additional savings.
Unique Improvements Managing Director Linda Henry said “this is a unique opportunity to share the benefits of social enterprise working at grass roots level and to bring all the strands of our training packages together to help those who normally don’t get help to go on university accredited courses. The courses and bursaries will support General Practice staff to deliver the Patient Participation Directly Enhanced Service (DES) and enhance staff skills so they can meet the challenges of the future commissioning agenda’.
The five courses, all accredited by our academic partner Teesside University (University of the year 2010), are listed below:
- Introduction to Commissioning: 20 credits at Level 4.
- Improving Commissioning: 60 Credits at Level 6.
- Developing Skills for Effective Participation & Involvement: 20 credits at Level 4.
- Introduction to Service User and Citizen Engagement and Involvement: 20 credits at Level 4.
- Service Improvement through Engagement and Involvement: 60 credits at Level 6.
For more information about the bursaries, or if you need help to decide which course is best for you, phone 0151 486 6737 and speak to one of the Unique Improvements trainers or download the Uni training prospectus.
About Unique Improvements:
1. Unique Improvements was established in 2005 as a social enterprise organisation formed by ex NHS employees wishing to make a difference by providing social marketing, commissioning training and engagement training courses.
2. The Unique Improvements team have worked on several major initiatives and won a host of national awards for their innovative social marketing expertise.
3. The Board have pledged to reinvest 20% of their profits back into disadvantaged communities and in 2011 their chosen charity is Make a Wish Foundation, which exists to ensure that children between the ages of 3 – 17 with life threatening illnesses achieve their wishes. http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk.
4. Unique Improvements training courses and bursaries can be found at http://uniqueimprovements.co.uk