“Our partnership with CoolTrade is a great example of what our API strategy is all about – delivering an easy and secure way to support truly customized trading,” said Tom Desmond of TradeKing.
Fort Lauderdale, FL & Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) June 08, 2011
Online broker TradeKing (http://www.tradeking.com) today announced it has partnered with CoolTrade (http://www.cool-trade.com) to deliver fully-automated stock trading for one, low per-trade price. CoolTrade has integrated its trading application with the TradeKing platform by using the new TradeKing API (Application Programming Interface). CoolTrade’s application provides stock filtering, strategy building, real-time strategy testing and automated trading. Investors will be able to take advantage of the application, while benefiting from TradeKing’s signature low fees and award-winning service.
As a special offer, trades made through CoolTrade on the TradeKing platform will cost just $1 per trade for the first three months of trading for each client, regardless of the number of trades or number of shares per order(1). After the first three months, fees return to TradeKing’s customary low flat rate of $4.95 per trade(2). In addition, TradeKing clients who sign up to use the CoolTrade application via the link http://www.cool-trade.com?tk=y will receive a special discounted rate of $49.99 per month through July 31, 2011. After July 31st, the CoolTrade price will convert to a 20 percent discount with a yearly subscription.
“Our partnership with CoolTrade is a great example of what TradeKing’s API strategy is all about – delivering an easy and secure way to support a truly customized method of trading for both our clients and CoolTrade’s clients,” said Tom Desmond, TradeKing Chief Growth Officer. “CoolTrade is a pioneer of robotic trading applications, and we’re excited to give our clients access to all of its features and benefits, while still being able to enjoy TradeKing’s secure trading environment, low prices and industry-leading service.”
The CoolTrade™ software combines an arsenal of powerful stock trading tools in one complete system. Among the features the application offers are:
- A powerful Stock Filtering program that enables investors to filter through all NYSE and NASDAQ stocks for hundreds of technical and fundamental indicators.
- A simple-to-use Strategy Wizard™ that enables investors to specify rules and conditions for when to enter and exit a trade.
- A Real-time Market Simulator to test selected strategies during live market hours and in real-time so investors can see how their strategies perform on a simulated basis through actual market conditions.
- The CoolTrade Automated Trader runs strategies, 100 percent automatically through algorithmic execution. Its system monitors the market, from open to close, and a ‘Reports’ option provides details on investors’ trades and profits.
"TradeKing has delivered one of the best APIs we’ve seen in the industry, which has made it very easy for us to integrate,” said Ed Barsano, CEO of CoolTrade. “They have long been recognized as an innovator in the brokerage space and their API strategy reflects that commitment to innovating and offering their clients the best trading capabilities the market has to offer."
COOLTRADE, Inc. is a premier provider of automated stock trading technology with its groundbreaking point-and-click robotic trading system. Designed to simplify, automate, and eliminate human error in the strategy-development and stock trading processes, CoolTrade's automated solution has achieved popular appeal with its Profit Protection, Profit Maximization, Real-time Simulation, and Stealth Mode features. The CoolTrade software is running on thousands of computers in over 35 countries. For more information, visit http://www.cool-trade.com.
TradeKing (http://www.tradeking.com) is a nationally licensed online stock and options broker offering simple, low cost online trading fees ($4.95 per trade plus $.65 per option contract, $8.95 per trade plus $.15 per options contract for nine or more contracts) with no hidden costs or account minimums.2 A pioneer in integrating new financial social media as part of its innovative online equities, options trading and fixed-income trading platform, TradeKing has received multiple discount broker awards from top industry sources and was rated best in customer service by SmartMoney3 Magazine, ahead of OptionsXpress, Scottrade, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade. (June 2011 SmartMoney Broker Survey).
Follow TradeKing on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TradeKing,
Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/tradeking,
YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/tradeking,
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeking.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. For more information, please review the Characteristics and Risks of Standard Options brochure before you begin trading options. Options investors may lose the entire amount of their investment in a relatively short period of time.
TradeKing provides self-directed investors with discount brokerage services, and does not make recommendations or offer investment, financial, legal or tax advice. The content of this press release is provided for educational and informational purposes only, does not constitute a recommendation to enter in any of the securities transactions or to engage in any of the investment strategies presented herein, and does not represent the opinions of TradeKing or its employees.
Online trading has inherent risks due to system response and access times that vary due to market conditions, system performance and other factors. An investor should understand these and additional risks before trading.
(1) Promotional offer allows equity and ETF trades to be executed at $1 per trade for 90 days, after which standard commission rates will apply. See our Commissions + Fees page at http://www.tradeking.com/fees for details. Promotional offer is only valid if account is funded with $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening. 90-day promotional period begins when funding requirements have been met. Please read our Privacy & Security statement. One offer per household. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer.
(2) $4.95 for equity and option trades, add 65 cents per option contract. Trade more than 8 contracts, and we'll automatically lower your cost to $8.95 per trade plus 15 cents per contract. TradeKing charges an additional $0.35 per contract on certain index products where the exchange charges fees. TradeKing adds $0.01 per share on the entire order for stocks priced less than $1.00. See our Commissions + Fees page at http://www.tradeking.com/fees for details on commissions on low-priced stocks, option spreads, and other securities.
(3) TradeKing was ranked #1 in Customer Service in the SmartMoney June 2011 Broker Survey based on the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Mutual Funds & Investment Products, Banking Services, Trading Tools, Research, and Customer Service. SmartMoney is a registered trademark of SmartMoney, a joint publishing venture between Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and Hearst Partnership. Supporting documentation for any claims, comparison, statistics, or other technical data, will be supplied upon request by calling 877-495-5464 or via email at service(at)tradeking(dot)com.