New Home to Be Auctioned Off With Proceeds Benefiting Local Cancer Hospital

Share Article

The Home for Hope located at 7173 Cabernet Court in Dublin, Ohio was built with “healthy living” in mind. Virginia Homes President Charles Ruma , a cancer survivor, is behind the project.

News Image
The care and treatment I received while at The James saved my life. My family and I owe them more than we can ever repay.

In 2006, at the age of 36 Charles Ruma received the kind of news everyone dreads. He had cancer. 5 years later he is cancer free and making good on a promise he made to give back.

In January Ruma’s company, Powell-Ohio based Virginia Homes, broke ground on the Home for Hope, a 3,100 square foot home in the Tartan West community in Dublin, Ohio. The 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath home has an estimated post-construction value of $459,500 and will be auctioned off on June 25 at 2pm. 90% of the sale proceeds will benefit the OSUCCC-James Cancer Hospital where Ruma received his treatment. The remaining 10% will go to The LIVESTRONG FOUNDATION.

“The care and treatment I received while at The James saved my life,” Ruma says. “My family and I owe them more than we can ever repay. As a homebuilder, the idea to create this home and project and donate all the proceeds to curing cancer came pretty naturally.”

The experts at The James helped Ruma create a home with healthy living and cancer preventions as its theme. Features include a kitchen geared toward whole food preparation, low volatile organic compound (VOC) building products, radon abatement, a home gym and vegetable garden.    In addition dozens of contractors donated their time and or products as part of the house.

A community gathering with a carnival theme beginning at noon will precede the auction on June 25. The public is invited to attend. The auction itself will begin at 2pm.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Marcy Fleisher

Charles Ruma
Visit website

Media