San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 13, 2011
For the fourth year running, eCommerce consultancy FitForCommerce (http://www.fitforcommerce.com) extends its track record of lending expertise to the annual Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition, the largest eCommerce industry event of the year, which begins today in San Diego. IRCE has once again chosen FitForCommerce to run the conference’s help desk, located at the epicenter of the exhibit hall, leveraging FitForCommerce’s business model of helping eCommerce companies ‘figure out what they need and where to find it’. At IRCE, FitForCommerce provides free one-on-one consultations, advises retailers on strategy, and then directs them to the best-fit providers exhibiting at the show.
“I credit FitForCommerce with helping make my IRCE experience more than worthwhile. The sessions at the eCommerce Technology workshop were extremely insightful,” said Adam Golomb, Director of eCommerce at Smileycookie.com (http://www.smileycookie.com) after last year’s conference. “They really covered a broad spectrum of strategies and technologies, and provided useful advice relevant to businesses of any size. In addition, my interactions with FitForCommerce at the help desk proved critical in helping me clearly define my goals and strategies for developing my eCommerce business.”
Drawing upon its experience advising hundreds of online retailers and eCommerce providers, FitForCommerce will offer guidance to all show attendees through a variety of formats, including:
- eCommerce Technology Workshop – For the second year in a row, FitForCommerce CEO and founder Bernardine Wu conceived and developed the all-day eCommerce Technology Workshop with 7 speaking sessions; attendance is expected to surpass last year’s sold-out numbers in the hundreds.
- Evolving eCommerce Technologies – Ms. Wu will share emerging market trends and examine how each component fits together to build a full technology portfolio.
- Key Session Speakers – FitForCommerce helped to develop the content and speaker line-up for the conference.
- Best Practices Checklists – For over 30 eCommerce and multichannel topics, attendees can pick up a checklist of best practices and a list of key questions to ask providers to help in a selection process.
- Personalized Information Packets – FitForCommerce will provide customized information packets to over 300 attendees who registered for help prior to the show. Each packet will include helpful information tailored specifically to each attendee’s needs.
- E-Commerce Technology Theater – Senior consultant Kerry Martin takes the helm at this new two-and-a-half day event to be held within the Exhibit Hall. By presenting a large selection of available technology solutions, the Technology Theater will give attendees valuable learning opportunities.
- Women eCommerce Execs – For the fourth year since its inception, FitForCommerce will co-sponsor a casual meet-up for members of the non-profit organization, Women eCommerce Execs, during the conference’s box lunch.
Often referred to as an eCommerce “life coach and matchmaker”, FitForCommerce connects online retailers with best-fit eCommerce technology solutions and providers based on a rigorous requirements and selection process. IRCE attendees can also visit FitForCommerce at booth #611 to consult with a team of eCommerce experts and learn more about their offerings.
Sixty-seven percent of eCommerce initiatives end in failure due to poor planning or choice in solution. Working to bring that percentage down on a case-by-case basis, FitForCommerce has established itself as the leading boutique eCommerce consultancy by helping hundreds of online and multichannel retailers and manufacturers make informed eCommerce and multichannel investment decisions. Using years of experience, state-of-the-art tools, strategic diligence and tactical planning, FitForCommerce helps retailers define business and technical requirements and find their "best fit" technology solutions - including eCommerce platforms, back-end systems and critical points solutions including mobile. Clients include: Bed Bath & Beyond, Victoria’s Secret, Talbots, Epson, Warner Brothers, American Express, and Tory Burch. eCommerceKnowHow.com, created and managed by FitForCommerce, is the eCommerce industry’s most comprehensive knowledge base and educational resource. For additional information, please visit http://www.FitForCommerce.com and http://www.eCommerceKnowHow.com.