Semi Pro & Proud®
Binghamton, NY (PRWEB) June 14, 2011
Recently the American Football Association's Hall of Fame selection committee completed its annual task of reviewing personal profiles of qualified individuals nominated for induction into the Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2011." Information submitted by HOF alumni and subsequent review by the selection committee resulted in the selection of 19 people for enshrinement this year. The American Football Association is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt corporation in its 31st year of operation and is dedicated to the advancement of adult (semi-pro) football from coast-to-coast.
This year's group of Hall of Famers will be enshrined as the “Class of 2011” during the AFA's 31st Annual Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner at the Canton Marriott Courtyard, 4375 Metro Circle NW, North Canton, Ohio, June 23rd thru Friday, June 24th.
We are honored to induct NFL Pro Bowler Mike Lewis of the New Orleans Saints into our hall of fame. Mike started his semi pro football career in 1994 with the Kenner City Chiefs and went on to become the New Orleans Saints all-time career leader in punt returns (142) and punt return yardage (1,482). Mike also is currently the team ambassador of the New Orleans Saints. Click here for Mike's bio....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Lewis_
- Sports & Celebrity Memorabilia Auction
Annual AFA/HoF Legends - meet the new inductees "Alumni Huddle Cocktail Party" - 7pm Thursday, June 23rd
- AFA Board of Directors Meeting - 10am Friday, June 24th
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Tour - Friday, June 24th
- 31st Annual AFA Semi Pro Hall of Fame Induction Dinner - 7pm (Cocktails 6pm) Friday, June 24th. As we've done in previous years, this will also be a live internet broadcast.
The enshrinement of this year's class of 19 new hall of famers will see the 31-year total number of inductees expand from 634 members to 653 members. Since the inaugural enshrinement in 1981 (including the Class of 2010) the AFA has recognized 370 players; 100 coaches; 82 executives; 29 officials; 23 pioneers; 20 media/historians; 13 trainer/equipment men; 6 associated with youth football; 5 involved with international semi-pro; 4 from the women's level; and even 1 'super fan.'
The American Football Association is proud to present the names of those who will be enshrined into the AFA Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2011" (names in parentheses indicate sponsors of the new inductees):
- Lynn Patrick - LaFargeville, NY - (George Ashcraft)
- Carl Neal - Manteno, IL - (Elmhurst Travelers, Mal Yarke,Don Busch,Al Klaeren,Jack Perry)
- Dale Berman - North Aurora, IL - (Ron Hansen, Jim Benja, Pat Albanese, Fred Fiorelli, James Kulton)
- Brett Wilson - Munster, IN - (Greg Skowronski)
- John Rogan - Columbia, SC - (Jerry McGonigle)
- Terry Gorton - Queensbury, NY - (Dick Leland)
- Mike Lewis - LaPlace, LA - (Keith Ballard)
- Andy Tranchita - Northlake, IL - (Neal Anderson, Bob Beshk, Ben Ward)
- Beau Jarrell - Groveland, FL - (Don Jonas)
- Mickey Morris - Middleburg Heights, OH - (Dennis McEllicott)
- Dave Friese - Shippensburg, PA - (Dave Bonsell)
- Christopher VanStone - Carpentersville, IL - (Sue Berg, Eliseo Saldivar)
- Robert Harrison - Aurora, IL (Larry Schmidt, Gary Thomas, Jerry Schropp, Roman Strzala)
- Bill Christie - Jackson, MI - (Ceil Real)
- Alan Perkins - Crystal Lake, IL - (Craig Ochoa)
- Daris Steen - Doral, FL - (Rev Gary Wilder)
- Tom Rudzinski - Clarks Summit, PA - (Bill Higgins)
- Anthony Bartley - Las Vegas, NV (BoD/Bo Brooks)
- Lawrence Haynes III - Portland, OR (Dave Burch)
As part of our event fundraiser, we are soliciting sponsors and raffle items in advance. Sponsors and donors will be acknowledged during our live hall of fame internet broadcast, will be listed in our souvenir program and posted on our event banner. Just click the attached form to make a raffle donation or become a sponsor. http://www.americanfootballassn.com/forms/sponsorship-form.pdf