The combined entity will have the ability to continue expanding and providing clients exceptional service and the proprietary tools and services only offered at Sperry Van Ness.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 14, 2011
Two premier San Diego commercial real estate firms – Sperry Van Ness and Promus Commercial, AMO® – today announced the merging of their San Diego-based operations. The new company will be called Sperry Van Ness/Promus Commercial.
Kevin Maggiacomo, CEO & President, Sperry Van Ness International, comments "We are very excited to be able to join together our San Diego Sperry Van Ness team led by Jim Taylor with the Promus Organization led by Lauri Hines and Scott Cook. The combined entity will have the ability to continue expanding and providing clients exceptional service and the proprietary tools and services only offered at Sperry Van Ness. Lauri, Scott, Jim, and their team are proven professionals of the highest caliber. We are proud to have them representing us in the greater San Diego area."
“This move represents the best of all possible worlds for the San Diego real estate market” notes Promus CEO Lauri Hines. “With this merger we’ll increase our capabilities significantly, providing our clients with access to an incredibly deep bench of talented top professionals in all disciplines.”
Adds SVN Senior VP Jim Taylor, “The chemistry of the professional team we’ve put together is amazing. We will now be able to offer a complete range of commercial real estate services, as well as multi-family property management.”
“Sperry Van Ness/Promus Commercial will define ‘one-stop shopping’ for commercial and multi-family properties in San Diego.” Mr. Taylor observes.
SVN/Promus Commercial’s Leadership Team
The combined SVN/Promus team will include the following real estate market leaders:
- Lauri Greenblatt Hines, CCIM®, CPM® - Dubbed by The Wall Street Transcript as “…one of the nation’s foremost real estate authorities,” Lauri has spent the past quarter-century increasing the value of virtually every type of commercial investment property and exceeding client expectations.
- Jim Taylor - Focuses on multi-family, land subdivision, and Distressed Assets in Southern California. Jim currently serves as a Director for Sperry Van Ness’ asset recovery team, SVNART. Jim has specialized in the management, receivership and disposition of distressed real estate assets across the country, and brings with him over 30 years of experience in all aspects of Commercial Real Estate. At Sperry Van Ness. Jim has earned the esteemed Sperry Van Ness Partner’s Circle award a record seven times, and the Achievers Award three times. He has also been awarded the Highest Commission and Team Player awards, as well as numerous other recognitions.
- Scott Cook, CPM®, CCAM® - Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director for Sperry Van Ness/Promus Commercial, Scott will oversee all day-to-day systems and procedures, staff and portfolio management as well as commercial leasing and business development. He comes to the organization with over 17 years of multi-family and commercial real estate experience and a wide array of industry knowledge and familiarity. His industry career has seen him manage single and multi-family homes, mixed use and commercial retail sites, warehouse and industrial sites as well as commercial office space.
- Barbara Kreis - Specializing in retail, industrial and office transactions for the past 29 years, with a focus on sale, leasing and management of investment properties, Barbara has completed over 1,000 transactions valued in excess of $1 billion.
- Chuck Wise, CCIM® - With over 42 years of experience, Chuck is one of the founding partners of the original Sperry Van Ness San Diego office, and has been awarded the coveted Sperry Van Ness “Partner’s Circle” award on numerous occasions. Chuck is a team leader in liquidating and repositioning highly appreciated real estate and has worked closely with legal, tax, asset management, financial, and 1031 exchange consultants in producing the highest net benefit for clients in accomplishing their goals. He is Past President of the San Diego CCIM Chapter, past Regional Vice President for CCIM Southern California, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for CCIM International.
The following Advisors are founding members of the Sperry Van Ness/Promus Commercial Team:
- Tom Aycock, CCIM® - With over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate, a Harvard MBA and a law degree, Tom brings significant talents and strengths to the team. He specializes in the sale of shopping centers, apartments, and both single and multi-tenant commercial properties. Recipient of the CB/Richard Ellis top investment sales broker award for multiple years, Tom is past president of the San Diego CCIM Chapter.
- Krista Berger - Krista serves as director of new business for the Sperry Van Ness/Taylor Investment Team in San Diego. She has assisted in listing properties valued in excess of $9 million. Krista specializes in the sale of commercial beach properties, including multi-family, mobile home parks and land development.
- Shelly Bird – Shelly serves as the Transaction Coordinator for the SVN/Promus team, ensuring timely closings and assisting team members in their transactions.
- Sheri Braemer – The newest member of the SVN/Promus Team, Sheri focuses on commercial sales and leasing with an emphasis on the uptown market.
- Charles Copelan, CCIM® - Charlie has over 15 years in commercial real estate, with significant experience in site selection and development, transaction management, evaluations and lease administration. In his prior position as JP Morgan/Chase’s VP/Real Estate, Charlie oversaw portfolios totaling over 2,300 properties. He also handled over 1,000 transactions in more than 200 markets in 42 states covering retail, office, industrial and special-use properties. Charlie, focusing on commercial leasing and sales, is also a member of the SVN/Promus Green Buildings Team. Their expertise will be geared towards maximizing building energy efficiencies and cost savings for investment owners.
- Patty Doolen – a former “SVN Rookie of the Year’” Patty Doolen (formerly Haulley) has been involved in many major multi-family sales transactions over the last decade. She focuses on coastal multi-family sales and North County retail leasing.
- Rick Hardy - Rick Hardy joined Sperry Van Ness in 2007. He specializes in leasing and sales of Office, Industrial and Retail commercial properties in San Diego. His client-centered approach and expert negotiation skills allow him to successfully analyze difficult projects, work through deal issues and close transactions quickly, efficiently, and profitably for our clients. With a specialty in commercial leasing and sales, Rick joins Charlie as on the SVN/Promus Green Buildings Team ways to improve property carbon footprints. Rick is a CCIM® Candidate.
- Chris Mosh, MBA – Chris‘s background in development and acquisitions gives him an excellent perspective on his client’s needs. Chris is fluent in four languages and specializes in investment sales.
- Dottie Surdi - Dottie specializes in office, retail and industrial properties, and has spent her career providing corporate real estate services throughout San Diego County and Southern California. Dottie’s focus is investment sales and leasing representation for landlords and tenants. She brings to the team an unrelenting client focus and knowledge of the county real estate market. Coupled with our package of proprietary tools and access to a nationwide network of brokers, Dottie has spent years consistently over-delivering on every client’s request.
- Tony Yousif – Tony specializes in the sale of multi-family, retail and hospitality properties throughout the nation, as well as raw land, and has represented names such as Wells Fargo, City National Bank, US Bank, and BBVA Compass. Tony is a part of the business development team for SVN Asset Management and SVN ART nationwide, and is currently working with receivers and financial institutions; assisting them with distressed properties. He is responsible for all aspects of pre-marketing, due diligence, financial underwriting, and offering materials in the sale of commercial properties. A man with boundless energy, Tony only has one thing on his mind; to preserve the greatest amount of capital his clients have invested in their distressed assets.
About Sperry Van Ness
Celebrating 20 years in the San Diego market and universally recognized as one of San Diego’s best commercial real estate firms, Sperry Van Ness has become the first name in 153 global markets by providing a full range of “best-in-class” services for schools, distressed assets, industrial, hospitality, and corporate real estate.
Sperry Van Ness International has 155 offices (all independently owned and operated) and 850 agents nationally, and did $4.7 Billion in sales in 2010. SVN’s service portfolio includes:
- Asset management
- Distressed Asset Management
- Property Tax Analysis
“SVN advisors all recognize we have one niche – servicing our client” Jim Taylor observes. With the new company Mr. Taylor will hold the title of Managing Director/Vice President.
About Promus Commercial, AMO®
Founded in 2001 to service the most demanding commercial property owners in the country, Promus Commercial is one of only 527 firms worldwide to be awarded Accredited Management Organization status by the Institute of Real Estate Management. Promus Commercial provides management, asset management, and leasing services to institutional and private investors throughout San Diego and Riverside Counties.
Promus Commercial is also one of the few American commercial real estate management firms whose president – Lauri Greenblatt Hines - holds the dual designation of Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) and Certified Property Manager (CPM). Within the new company she will hold the title of Managing Director/President.
Recognizing that many companies manage bricks and mortar while some manage the overall investment, Promus has always distinguished itself by doing both, and doing them well. In addition to property management, operations, upkeep and renovations, Promus has earned an unexcelled reputation for a wide range of other industry services, including:
- Commercial Association Management
- Green Building Services
- Construction Management
- Due Diligence
- Expert Witness
- Property Repositioning
Sperry Van Ness/Promus Commercial’s office will be located at 8745 Aero Drive, Suite 308, San Diego, CA 92123. Their phone number will be 858-751-6300 and their fax number will be 858-777-5303.
# # #