Joliet, IL (PRWEB) June 16, 2011
When it comes to green technology and low or zero emissions vehicles, the sales team at Bill Jacobs Mitsubishi think it is the future. As the premiere used and new Mitsubishi dealer in Joliet, Illinois and surrounding areas, they have a good idea of what consumers want in vehicles these days.
To work toward a greener future, Mitsubishi Motors North America and the State of Hawaii have entered into an agreement that will seek to vastly improve the infrastructure and deployment for the new Mitsubishi i and other advanced 100% electric-powered vehicles (EVs) for residents of America's tropical island paradise.
"Mitsubishi's agreement and its choice of Hawaii as one of its launch states are important and welcome steps toward the State's clean energy goal of 70 percent by 2030," said Estrella Seese, Acting Energy Program administrator, Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism, in Hawaii's State Energy Office.
"Car buyers interested in electric vehicles can reduce the cost of owning these cars with purchase rebates and incentives for installing chargers in their homes being offered by DBEDT with support from federal stimulus funds. We encourage people to take advantage of these great offers because more EVs on the road means Hawaii reduces its dependence on imported oil."
Under terms of the cooperative agreement, Mitsubishi Motors and State of Hawaii will foster a host of EV-related advancements throughout the state in areas including:
● Mitsubishi Motors agrees to make Mitsubishi i electric vehicles and service training available through their Cutter Mitsubishi dealership
● Actively pursue a deployment of DC Quick Chargers, such as the CHAdeMO protocol utilized in Level 3 Quick Charging EV charging stations, in the State of Hawaii to assist in the demonstration and education of electric vehicles as a viable source of transportation to the Hawaii general public
● Creating activities designed to educate and engage Hawaiian residents about the use of EVs as a viable and convenient form of transportation
● Supporting emerging businesses and business models related to EV development and workforce deployment helping create job opportunities in the area of green technologies (for example, electrical specialists to help support infrastructure)
● Aiding in the development and deployment of training programs at tech schools and community colleges to train technicians to provide support and maintenance of EVs and their related infrastructure
● Mitsubishi Motors agrees to provide information and recommendations on EV strategy and infrastructure – Mitsubishi Motors has sold thousands of electric-powered production vehicles throughout Japan and Europe and has vast knowledge in this arena
Mitsubishi Motors has selected Hawaii to be among the first states to receive the North American-spec production version of the Japanese auto manufacturer's breakthrough 100% electric-powered vehicle. Licensed drivers will be able to test drive the new Mitsubishi i at Cutter Mitsubishi in Aiea, Hawaii later this fall.
Local Illinois residents are encouraged to stop by Bill Jacobs Mitsubishi, the leading new and used Mitsubishi dealer in Joliet, Illinois and surrounding areas. Their sales team is experienced, friendly, and able to answer questions consumers may have about the new Mazda models for 2011.