We are continuing to invest heavily in our MDS programs, cloud printing and security software and products, with a services-led strategy focused on selling business outcomes, capturing pages and emphasizing color sales.
Irvine, CA (PRWEB) June 15, 2011
A record-breaking 650 professionals attended Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc.’s (TABS) 2011 National Dealer Meeting and End-User Conference themed “Fast Forward” at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas late last month. During the conference, Toshiba unveiled twenty new solutions-ready color and monochrome products with groundbreaking security and green features, as well as several new cloud printing, mobility and service solutions. Attendees also had the opportunity to engage in informative breakout sessions with practical information targeted specifically to either dealers or end-users, covering managed document services (MDS), mobility, cloud computing and security.
Toshiba dealers and end-users also enjoyed a moving keynote presentation delivered by Frank W. Abagnale, best known as the person whose life story inspired the film “Catch Me If You Can.” Mr. Abagnale is currently one of the world's most respected authorities on forgery, embezzlement and document security, and has been working with the FBI for more than 35 years. The event concluded with a private party featuring live entertainment by legendary rock band Cheap Trick.
Toshiba Success and Growth
Chief Executive Officer Masahiro “Matt” Yamada opened the general session with an overall business update. He noted that profits have returned to pre-recession levels, Toshiba remains the No. 1 selling manufacturer in China for the eleventh consecutive year, and is now selling directly in 23 countries. In addition, Toshiba’s MDS business has experienced 78 percent year-over-year growth, accounting for approximately twelve percent of the company’s total revenue.
“We are continuing to invest heavily in our MDS programs, cloud printing and security software and products, with a services-led strategy focused on selling business outcomes, capturing pages and emphasizing color sales,” said Mark Mathews, president and COO, TABS, who followed Mr. Yamada’s presentation. “The first quarter of fiscal year 2011 has delivered 15 percent year-over-year unit growth and 6.9 percent year-over-year revenue growth. In fact, March was our best sales month in over four years. With the new products, solutions and service offerings we have launching this year, I’m confident our dealers will continue to succeed and prosper.”
Next-Generation Encompass Application
Bill Melo, vice president, Marketing, Services and Solutions, TABS, touted the revolutionary next-generation Encompass software that is scheduled to launch in the fourth quarter. This new version will include an Encompass mobile application, so dealers are able to access the total customer lifecycle management tool from their smartphone, tablet or other web-enabled mobile device. The tool will help dealers meet and exceed customer expectations on-demand, anytime, and from anywhere.
This year, Toshiba introduced Service eXCHANGE as part of the award-winning Toshiba social business network called eXCHANGE. Service eXCHANGE is a mobile application providing access to a critical information portal that technicians can access on-demand, anytime, and from any location, using a Toshiba MFP control panel, smartphone, tablet or other web-enabled mobile device. This extension of eXCHANGE provides technical and troubleshooting information and documentation, and also allows service technicians to communicate with one another to share tips and best practices.
Working and Printing from the Cloud
In addition to the Encompass application, Toshiba also gave a sneak peek into solutions addressing the cloud and mobility which will be available later this summer.
- Toshiba’s SecureSend™ – Implementing digital rights management (DRM) currently requires a complete IT infrastructure. With SecureSend, businesses have all the benefits of DRM without the complex infrastructure. Before files are sent to the cloud for printing, they can be password protected, given expiration dates for viewing, editing and printing, screen captures can be disabled, and more. All of this can be done from the control panel of the Toshiba MFP or from a smartphone or tablet device while on the go. This functionality represents a new revenue stream for dealers while providing additional privacy, convenience and security options for end-users.
- HP ePrint Enterprise –A manageable, scalable, enterprise-level solution for mobile printing needs that enables users to print to any of their company’s networked printers. With HP ePrint Enterprise, mobile professionals can print from their mobile device with just a few clicks, saving time and increasing productivity.
- Drivve Print Mobility Manager – A driverless print solution for users of mobile devices such as smartphones, iPads™ and tablets that allows for greater business productivity and convenience. With no need for drivers, users can simply send their documents to print through the Mobility Manager by email, uploading them to the Web or directly from their web-enabled mobile device using the Drivve Print smartphone app.
- Capella Technologies Dynamic Print Routing (DPR) - DPR (Dynamic Print Routing) is the newest innovation in “Pull Printing” technology. With DPR, utilizing a mobile device, users can release print jobs when and where they need them. By implementing DPR, organizations can enhance mobility, promote security, control costs, boost productivity and establish print usage accountability.
- Cortado Cloud Printing Alliance – Through its membership, Toshiba is supporting cloud printing through Cortado Workplace from iPad, iPhone®, Blackberry®, Android and Symbian devices in an effort for end-users to realize easy, on-demand printing for any content, with any device, at any location.
- Toshiba’s e-BRIDGE Open Platform– Simplifies links between the e-STUDIO device and third-party software solutions, ultimately offering many new advantages for users and dealers including: better connectivity, simplified customization, system serviceability, and maintainability. Provides seamless and streamlined integration with document capture and workflow solutions, cost accounting systems, and allows for customization to meet specific document workflow requirements. Open Platform also allows for connections to the cloud by giving users the ability to scan documents directly to cloud-based collaboration services and access stored documents at the control panel of the MFP.
Next Level Security
Security has long been a strategic area of focus for Toshiba, who has continually provided robust offerings to customers. In addition to SecureSend, Toshiba also announced that their upcoming new monochrome lineup will feature the industry’s first Self-Encrypting Drive equipped with Automatic Drive Invalidation (ADI) – Toshiba's proprietary suite of security functions that bring an unsurpassed level of data protection to IT equipment. Wipe Technology allows users to determine a range of security settings, including invalidation of encryption keys and data invalidation when a drive is removed from its housing or connected to an unauthorized host system.
The Necessary Hardware
Last but not least, Joseph Contreras, director, Product and Solutions Marketing, TABS, presented eleven new color models that Toshiba is introducing to the marketplace. The Toshiba e-STUDIO™5540c/6540c/6550c series and e-STUDIO™2040c/2540c/3040c/3540c/4540c series, which are available immediately, boast industry-leading image quality utilizing Toshiba's enhanced laser image technology, powerful paper handling, versatile scanning functions, dramatically reduced energy consumption amongst other green features and certifications, and the next-generation Toshiba e-BRIDGE™ controller platform providing cloud connectivity and solutions readiness.
The e-STUDIO456 series and e-STUDIO856 series will be launching this fall, and replace the e-STUDIO455SE and e-STUDIO855SE. These new product series feature print speeds of 20-45 pages-per-minute (ppm) and 55-85 ppm respectively, versatile handling and finishing, color scanning and the new e-BRIDGE controller platform, as well as the new Self-Encrypting Drive with Automatic Drive Invalidation for enhanced security.
About Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc.
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) is an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the seventh largest electronics/electrical equipment company in the world. TABS is a leading provider of managed print and professional services (MPS and PS), and manages product planning, marketing, sales, service, support and distribution of copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers, and toner products throughout the United States, Mexico, Central and South America and the Caribbean. MPS and PS are strategic focus areas for the company, which first developed and began marketing the Encompass™ MPS program in 2003. To find an authorized Toshiba dealer near you, or for more information on Toshiba’s wide line of document imaging products, solutions and total document management offerings, please visit http://www.copiers.toshiba.com, or https://www.facebook.com/ToshibaCopiers.