Seattle, WA (PRWEB) June 16, 2011
Intrepid Learning Solutions (http://www.intrepidls.com), an award-winning learning services and technology provider, today announced the publication of Learning Experts at Work: How Social Tools and Technology Catalyzed a Learning Renaissance.
Contributors to this insightful and in-depth analysis include representatives from Google, Harvard University, the American Society of Training and Development, and the United States Peace Corps.
“Social media, digital games and mobility are three of the most powerful and galvanizing technology forces of our time, and they present both a strong challenge and wonderful opportunity for knowledge-centric companies around the world," says Vikesh Mahendroo, the CEO at Intrepid. “Learning Experts at Work showcases the opinions and perspectives of well-respected leaders in learning and technology today about how these breakthrough innovations are helping us to learn more, faster, and better."
Adds Sam Herring, the President at Intrepid: “We’ve tried to bring together the best and brightest thinking on the subject to help add substance and intelligence to the dynamic and ongoing global conversation about technology and its impact on how we learn and conduct business today. So much has been written about how to use these new social and digital tools for learning, that it’s easy to feel confused about the best way to apply them in your organization. The truth is, there’s no single solution. There are multiple rich points of view, many of which are clearly articulated in this new publication.”
The contributors to Learning Experts at Work include:
- David Metcalf showing how social networks increase corporate knowledge and performance.
- Ann K. Farmer and Julie Clow explaining the importance of learning cultures in business, and how we can teach each other.
- Ethan Zuckerman revealing the inner workings of participatory media.
- Ellen Wagner offering perspective by making it clear that people, not technologies, learn.
- Clark Aldrich talking eloquently about the role of games and simulations in enterprise learning.
- Elliott Masie focusing on the promise and potential of video-chatting as a means of learning.
- Tony Bingham taking us inside and detailed the way the CIA is using social networks to increase learning.
- Duncan Lennox celebrating Apple’s role in the new wave of learning that’s now taking place.
- Chris Hedrick centering on the Peace Corps’ use of mobile devices to teach in far off places.
- And Darin Hartley discussing the reluctance of some companies to deploy social media or mobile technology for learning.
To obtain a copy of Learning Experts at Work, please visit the company’s website: http://www.intrepidls.com/thoughtleadership/publications/eBook.php.
About Intrepid Learning Solutions
Intrepid Learning is a dedicated provider of award-winning learning solutions that accelerate business performance and growth. Founded in 1999, Intrepid offers a SaaS learning portal platform, technology-enabled learning solutions and managed learning services to help companies worldwide rapidly improve their productivity and stay ahead of the speed of business today. For more information, visit http://www.intrepidls.com.
# # #