Hartford, CT (PRWEB) June 20, 2011
The Connecticut Multicultural Health Partnership holds its Annual Luncheon Meeting for Stakeholders in Health Disparities on Wednesday, June 29 from 8:30am - 3:30pm ET at the Water’s Edge Resort located on 1525 Boston Post Road. The theme is “Health Equity for All: Awareness, Advocacy, Activism, and Accountability.” Participants will explore how we will promote health equity as individuals, organizations, and as a Partnership during the coming year.
Special Guest Speakers include:
- CT Lt Governor Nancy Wyman
- DSS Commissioner Roderick Bremby
- DDS Commissioner Dr. Terrence W. Macey
- DPH Commissioner Dr. Jewel Mullen
Keynote Address will be held by Rev. Dr. Shelley D. Best, President & CEO, Conference of Churches.
Key objectives for the CMHP Annual meeting are:
- Describe and discuss the nature, scope and responses to health disparities from the local, regional, and national perspectives;
- Identify additional opportunities for collaboration and partnerships;
- Elicit, review, and integrate recommendations for action/activities that contribute to the reduction or elimination of health disparities from the Partnership and its supporters;
- Illustrate Partnership activities and accomplishments to Annual Meeting attendees and their extended communities; and
- Inform and guide Partnership events and activities focused on the reduction and/or elimination of health disparities.
“We can no longer ignore disparities in health—we must address these issues aggressively and proactively,” said Margaret Steinegger-Keyser, chair of the CT Multicultural Health Partnership. “The annual meeting will provide attendees with information that is useful in creating positive changes towards the elimination of racial and ethnic health disparities.”
Those encouraged to attend the conference include health and human services providers, researchers and policy makers, administrators, advocates, and public health professionals.
Participants can follow the discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #ctmhp, by going to http://www.twitter.com and entering #ctmhp in the search box to follow the discussion. Questions and comments can be submitted directly to the partnership via twitter (@ctmhp). You also follow the discussion on TweetChat by going to http://tweetchat.com/room/ctmhp.
Again, the luncheon event will be held in Westbrook, CT at the Water’s Edge Resort, 1525 Boston Post Road on June 29th from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30p.m.
To register for this event, please RSVP to Angela Jimenez at angela.jimenez(at)ct(dot)gov, or Tel 860-509-7142 by Friday, June 17, 2011. This event is free to attend.
The day-long meeting is sponsored by: CT Department of Public Health Office of Multicultural Health, State Partnership grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Public Health and Science, Office of Minority Health, Eastern CT AHEC Inc.
About the Connecticut Multicultural Health Partnership:
The Connecticut Multicultural Health Partnership (http://www.ctmhp.org) is a collaboration of more than 150 organizations and 300 individuals who are dedicated to eliminating health disparities and promoting health equity for all.