New York, NY (PRWEB) June 20, 2011
ZESPRI Kiwifruit, the New Zealand-based premium grower of Green, Gold, and organic kiwifruit for over 100 years, has an ongoing commitment to understanding and minimizing its impact on the global community. Measuring its water footprint and carbon emissions, while constantly coming up with innovative ways to help sustain the environment, ZESPRI Kiwifruit is paving the way for international brands to use practices that are not only good for the environment, but supportive of the global society.
“Everybody's surviving off the planet, surviving off the land somehow, that's the only way to do it,” actress and environmentalist, Cameron Diaz, told The Huffington Post. “We're a global society, we're a global community.”
Other high-profiles, such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwyneth Paltrow, Oprah, and Brad Pitt, have also been vocal supporters of the global environment and the need for companies like ZESPRI Kiwifruit. Acutely aware and nurturing of the global environment, ZESPRI Kiwifruit trains its local growers to use thorough, environmentally savvy practices from the orchard to the supermarkets around the world. The kiwifruit growers’ commitment to helping the environment and growing the sweet and succulent fruit is embedded in Zespri’s strong heritage.
- ZESPRI Kiwifruit growers are trained to strictly control pollution from waste.
- All ZESPRI Kiwifruit packaging is recyclable or reusable.
- ZESPRI Kiwifruit utilized the PAS 20/50 methodology to develop a full product lifecycle carbon footprint for each of its kiwifruits: all carbon equivalent missions throughout the entire lifecycle of the kiwifruits were captured.
- ZESPRI Kiwifruit does not include any genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- ZESPRI Kiwifruit’s pesticide precautions have helped earn ZESPRI Kiwifruit a spot on the “clean 12,” a list from the Environmental Working Group of non-organic produce with the least amount of pesticides.
- Undertaking a water footprint study, ZESPRI Kiwifruit found that its kiwifruit gains the majority of its water from rainwater and contributed to the global knowledge on water use.
- ZESPRI Kiwifruit is a grower-owned cooperative of New Zealand kiwifruit growers.
To find out more about ZESPRI Kiwifruit where growers invariably deliver a sweeter, tastier piece of kiwifruit while supporting the global community, please visit http://www.zesprikiwi.com/growers/index.htm. Get to know the New Zealand’s local kiwifruit growers and indulge in ZESPRI Kiwifruit.
ZESPRI Kiwifruit is the world's largest kiwifruit marketer, with over 2,500 growers producing and exporting more than 100 million trays of kiwifruit a year to over 60 countries. ZESPRI Kiwifruit is a grower-owned cooperative of New Zealand kiwifruit growers, with the aim of ensuring top quality ZESPRI kiwifruit are provided to consumers around the world. For more health information and easy summertime recipes, please visit http://www.zesprikiwi.com.