NW SolarFest is the place to go for ideas on transitioning to a more sustainable lifestyle. Take the family and make a day of it. You will want to return every year!
Shoreline, WA (PRWEB) June 20, 2011
NW SolarFest has grown into the region’s largest and longest running locally organized renewable energy event. It is produced by the nonprofit Shoreline Solar Project and is supported by the City of Shoreline, Seattle City Light, Shoreline Community College and many others.
- Solar cooking demonstrations by Graham Kerr
- Demonstration of Evolucient Plastic to Oil Systems
- Mini solar cars (free for the first 300 kids) giveaway and races in the KIDZone
- Alternative fuel vehicle displays
- Farmer's market and food booths
- Renewable energy demos, including the college’s Zero Energy House interactive tours
- After Party with Yogoman Burning Band and Beer Garden
This free event will run from 10 am to 6 pm at Shoreline Community College, 16101 Greenwood Avenue North, with the beer garden and live music continuing until 8. Metro Routes 5, 331 and 345 serve the college on Saturdays.
Shoreline Solar Project, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization formed in 2004, is dedicated to promoting the practical application of renewable energy and environmentally responsible practices that enhance the economic, ecological, and social environment of our communities. This is the 8th year Shoreline Solar Project has organized NW SolarFest.
# # #