“With Access e-Forms Repository we can print barcoded forms as they’re needed and filter what patients and forms can be viewed. The product gives us the flexibility to print more forms and labels before a patient moves from the ED to an inpatient visit."
Sulphur Springs, TX (PRWEB) June 21, 2011
Access e-Forms Repository (EFR), a component of the Access Enterprise Forms Management (EFM) suite, enables hospitals to generate electronic forms on-demand, customized to individual patients, with barcodes and patient demographic data intelligently mapped from any health information system (HIS). The barcodes facilitate data entry-free indexing into electronic health records (EHRs) via native integration with any enterprise content/document management (ECM/EDM) system.
EFR also contains the Access Downtime Registration module, which allows facilities to register patients and access electronic clinical forms during HIS downtime, facilitating continuity of patient care.
With a commitment to innovation, and to solving the daily pain points of hospitals, Access has re-architected EFR to be faster, more feature-rich and easier to use and administer.
Some of the new benefits of Access EFR 4.0 include:
- Offered as a remote hosted solution at our SAS-70 compliant data center
- Enterprise-level, service oriented architecture (SOA) makes secure patient information instantly available to any department within an organization’s infrastructure
- Native synchronization with Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) – this enables a new user, computer, and/or device to automatically inherit AD security profiles and permissions, making it easy to get up and running with e-forms on-demand. This also adds an additional level of security to the organization’s HIPAA and JCAHO compliance
- New tabbed User Interface that enables the user to have many functions open concurrently and work much more efficiently
- New server architecture that enhances performance in data caching and loading
- Patients can be assigned one or multiple medical record numbers (MRNs) so a multi-site facility or health system can see which location(s) a patient has visited
- Managed services are available to maintain EFR and perform maintenance tasks, whether installed at your facility or our Data Center.
The next release of Access EFR 4.0 will be integrated with the newly released version of Access e-Signature, version 7. EFR (when installed in conjunction with e-Signature) will display a notification on the Patient Selection List whenever there are unsigned documents for a patient. If the indicator is selected, the documents will be presented for electronic signature, creating a proactive process which ensures the hospital captures all required patient information and integrates it seamlessly into the EHR.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre, an award-winning facility in Toronto, Canada, is using Access EFR in clinical areas such as the emergency department.
“With Access e-Forms Repository we can print barcoded forms as they’re needed and filter what patients and forms can be viewed,” said Bohdan Sadovy, project manager at St. Joseph’s Health Centre. “The product also gives us the flexibility to print more forms and labels before a patient moves from the ED to an inpatient visit."
Access is the world’s leading electronic forms (e-forms) management, automation and workflow software provider. Our solutions transform any paper-intensive forms process into a paperless, collaborative workflow. Hundreds of hospitals worldwide are using Access solutions to improve patient care and safety, cut costs and enhance electronic health records (EHR) and downtime planning initiatives. Learn more at http://www.accessefm.com