Members of the 2011 class of Fellows have contributed to advancing quality, scale and breadth in online and blended education in areas represented by the Sloan-C Pillars of learning effectiveness, access, faculty and student satisfaction and scale.
Newburyport, MA (PRWEB) June 21, 2011
The Sloan Consortium announces its 2011 class of Sloan-C Fellows. Recognizing unusual professional distinction, the Sloan-C Board of Directors confers the distinction upon individual members of the Sloan Consortium who have:
- outstanding and extraordinary qualifications in the field of online learning;
- significant experience in online learning or an allied field;
- a record of distinguished service to Sloan-C or the field; and
- extraordinary contributions or leadership in the field of online learning.
Members of the 2011 class of Fellows have contributed to advancing quality, scale and breadth in online and blended education in areas represented by the Sloan-C Pillars of learning effectiveness, access, faculty and student satisfaction and scale. The new Sloan-C Fellows will be recognized during at the 17th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning in Orlando, Florida, in November 9-11, 2011.
The 2011 Sloan-C Fellows are:
- Patsy D. Moskal, University of Central Florida, in recognition of her groundbreaking work in the assessment of the impact and efficacy of online and blended learning.
- Mary P. Niemiec, University of Illinois at Chicago, for remarkable vision and national leadership in conceptualizing and advancing blended learning.
- Lawrence C. Ragan, Penn State World Campus, for national leadership in preparing faculty for online teaching success and for creating innovative approaches to the design of online learning environments.
- Peter J. Shea, University at Albany, for outstanding research that has advanced our understanding of online learning and for noteworthy contributions to the field of online education.
- Robert N. Ubell, Polytechnic Institute of New York University, for exceptional leadership in scientific and technical online learning programming, international collaboration, and enterprise learning.
Information about the Sloan-C Fellows Program is available at http://sloanconsortium.org/fellows_program.
Information about the 16th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning is available at http://sloanconsortium.org/aln.
The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of education. For more information, visit http://www.sloanconsortium.org.