Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) June 22, 2011
Patient Placement Systems (PPS) announced today the availability of the first Web-based bed management system specifically designed for skilled nursing facilities. PPS developed the bed management functionality as part of the new 3.0 release of the popular Referral Management System.
Patient Placement Systems created the bed management system in response to strong demand from nursing homes for a better way to track and manage bed availability.
“Most admissions coordinators at skilled nursing facilities spend much of their time updating spreadsheets or white boards to manage their facilities’ beds,” said Doug Walker, vice president and general manager of Patient Placement Systems. “Our SNF clients have been seeking a bed management system to help them see which beds are available, identify bed characteristics such as gender and payer type, and assign accepted patients to appropriate beds.”
Walker also noted that providers expressed the need to view and manage beds across multiple facilities in a single system, and to integrate that system with the automated Referral Management System. Providers also said they struggle to effectively report on bed status and availability.
The new bed management functionality of the Referral Management System meets these demands by enabling multi-location SNF facility end users and corporate managers to:
- Seamlessly link bed assignment with the referral management process—assess bed availability for referrals and assign admitted patients to beds, all in one system with one workflow
- See updated census and bed availability at any time, for one or multiple facilities
- Intelligently match the placement of the right patients in the right beds, at the right facilities
- Review, select, reserve and place referred patients in beds
- Assign and track available, pending, occupied and closed beds
- Create and group beds by unit and room, and link beds to appropriate bathrooms
- Set gender assignments for beds
- Assign and view beds by payer types
The Web-based Referral Management System automates and accelerates marketing, admissions and reporting for multi-location skilled nursing facility providers. PPS designed the system specifically to help skilled nursing facilities market more effectively, build and manage quality census, improve case mix, outmaneuver competitors, and significantly increase revenue.
About Patient Placement Systems
Patient Placement Systems designed the Web-based Referral Management System to automate and accelerate the admissions, marketing and reporting for skilled nursing facilities. Clients have increased census by 5 percent, improved referral response times by more than 80 percent, and dramatically improved case mix and revenue. For more information, visit PatientPlacement.com or call 877-748-6656. PPS also publishes CaringForward.com, an industry blog of ideas, insight and technology to inform and improve long-term care.