To get a powerful Linux computer with all these features for under $50 ... that's the cost of some PIC boards. And its so easy to use!
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) June 21, 2011
Techsol is now offering an extremely cost-effective computer with a Color TFT LCD and Touch panel interfaces plus assorted serial, Audio, and other I/O, targeting low-cost devices such as industrial handhelds and other HMI (Human-Machine Interface) applications. This standard, off-the-shelf, Medallion Linux on ARM-powered computer module features:
- 500 MIPS FreeScale i.MX ARM processor running Techsol's Medallion Linux OS
64 MB or DDR memory
- Booting from NAND or uSD card on-board
- Direct-connect support for user SD card in addition
- Optional boot from Serial NOR FLASH for ultra-high-reliability applications
- Connects to Display board or I/O boards with simple, low-cost 2mm dual-row headers
- Extremely low power consumption permits fanless operation and portable applications
- 18-bit direct-wire for TFT LCDs
- 4-wire resistive touch-screen connection
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 host port
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 device port (shared internally via MUX)
- Dual UARTs with IrDA support
- Dual I2C for HW management, and user device interface
- Hi-speed SPI, GPIOs, etc.
- Power-supply interface for 3.3v DC in, or single Li-Ion battery
- Integrated battery charger for single Li-Ion battery
- 1-wire interface for coulomb counter
- On-board stereo Head-phone amplifier
- Built-in MIC amplifier
- Analog inputs for battery monitoring or other uses
- Optional 10/100-BaseT Ethernet interface with lines for LED status indicators
- SW-controlled beeper with frequency/tone control
- Ships with the proven Medallion Linux 2.6.3x plus drivers pre-installed.
Dimensions: Width: 80 mm, 3.4" Height: 60 mm, 2.4" Thickness: 5 mm, 0.2"
Mounting: There are 3 holes for #4 bolts to secure the board-stack if required.
There is an option for "pass-through" headers to stack between display and I/O boards.
Construction: all parts on one-side of the board, for reduced assembly processes, lowering device cost
GUI options include:
- Linux Framebuffer (FB), operating in 16-bit, 65,536-color mode
- X11 (KDrive) on FB for standard Linux/Unix graphics
- FLTK on X, for a full-featured, extensible, yet free GUI
- GTK+ on X, for full PC compatibility
- Qt on X, or Qt Embedded
- too many other GUIs to list
Ask about Web Browser Support
Other SW packages:
- Database packages
- USB drivers for many devices
- WiFi drivers for USB-Wireless dongles
and much more
WHY SHOULD I BUY IT
"These computers are built to the same quality levels as our Classic Medallion CPU modules," said Brian Empey, P.Eng., CEO of Techsol, "but they have more features integrated and a lower acquisition cost, making them suitable for a wider variety of low-cost applications."
Not surprisingly, Techsol is already developed some products powered by TSCM products for its clients, as this technology has been under development since 2009.
WHAT DOES IT COST
Pricing for units without Ethernet or the optional "pass-through" headers are:
Order-Quantity Unit-Price **Optional-Ethernet Optional-Pass-Through-Connectors
10+ $64 $13.0 $5.2
100+ $57 $11.5 $4.6
1,000+ $49 $10.0 $4.0
higher contact us for a quote.
** If you require Ethernet, then the TSCM-283 will probably serve you better with double the RAM at the same price.
Every unit is tested running Linux before it ships! Single units of the TSCM are available with Display and/or I/O boards as development kits with full SW development tools and support. Call for pricing.
Development kits are usually available from stock. Production volumes are typically 6 to 8 weeks.
Embedded Engineering is the same all over the world. Engineers face the same challenges of having too much to do, and not enough time or money to do it with. Techsol's Medallion Classic and TSC modules address this issue and provide a solution that extends into the production stages of a product, not just the proof-of-concept stage like most SBCs.
Techsol's Medallion system is unique in the embedded computer world.
The Medallion Single-board computer product line encompasses multiple CPUs, and different configurations with the same CPU. However, the pin-out and form-factor remain the same, even after 10 years.
And the TSCM will also have a similar long availability for "planned NON-obsolesence".
There is one Medallion module that is best matched to your application.
By designing with the Medallion system, you are effectively out-sourcing your CPU design and Linux porting with no up-front NRE fees! That lets your team concentrate on the hardware and software portions of your product that your customers see. The result is that you can create a higher-quality product in a fraction of the time (and cost) of designing everything yourself from scratch! Plus, the interchangeable modules extend product life-cycle times.
For more details, or to request further information, please visit our Web site at http://www.medallionsystem.com
Call 1-888-TECHSOL in North America, or 1-604-946-8324 and ask for Bruce or Brian, or e-mail sales(at)techsol(dot)ca.
Techsol is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, where the mighty Fraser River meets the Pacific Ocean.
# # #