The Hipmunk App optimized for iPad aligns with our mission of providing a superior, and fun, travel search experience.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 21, 2011
Hipmunk, the travel search site, today announced its innovative flight search app is now available for iPad. Following Hipmunk’s successful launch on iPhone and iPod touch, the iPad-optimized version takes full advantage of the device’s large, high resolution display and Multi-Touch interface to deliver all of the site’s unique and differentiated flight search tools. The Hipmunk App for iPad is available now on the App Store.
Features of the Hipmunk App for iPad include:
- Flight results displayed in the same visual timeline Hipmunk site users know and love;
- Flights automatically sorted by “Agony,” a combination of flight duration, number of layovers, and price, with the option to sort by flight price, duration, departure and arrival time;
- Sliding bars, which filter results based on departure and arrival, cutting out flights that don't fit into a user’s schedule;
- Multiple booking options, including directly with many airlines;
- Booking through the Safari mobile browser, or a user can receive a finish code to book later from a computer;
- Saved searches that allow users to easily flip between up to five recent searches to find their best travel options.
“The Hipmunk App optimized for iPad aligns with our mission of providing a superior, and fun, travel search experience,” said Adam Goldstein, CEO Hipmunk. “Expanding to iPad demonstrates our dedication to allowing travelers everywhere another way to quickly and easily search for flights on a screen that is well-equipped for viewing results, understanding trade-offs, and booking flights at a glance.”
In line with Hipmunk’s vision to provide travelers with the best flight search experience possible, Hipmunk has also given its app for iPhone and iPod touch a facelift. New features include an improved, streamlined interface that allows users to set up searches more quickly. Those currently using the app for iPhone and iPod touch on iPad can receive a free update by launching the App Store on the device and selecting the “Updates” tab.
The Hipmunk App is available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, or here.
Hipmunk is a remarkable new travel search site that takes the pain out of travel planning. With its innovative “Agony” sort, Hipmunk presents flight results in a visual ”timeline,” allowing people to select the best flight for them at a glance. Hotel results are sorted by “Ecstasy” and shown on a map so that people can view where in a destination they will be staying. Hipmunk launched in 2010 and is based in San Francisco. The company has funding from Ignition Partners, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Webb Investment Network, Erik Blachford, Simon Breakwell, Rob Glaser, Jim Hornthal, Rich Barton, Paul Buchheit, Ashton Kutcher, Raymond Tonsing, Matt Mullenweg, Sam Altman, Geoff Ralston, Sizhao Yang, Amitt Mahajan, Gabor Cselle, and more. For more information and to book your next flight or hotel, please visit Hipmunk.com.
Jacqueline Tanzella, Hipmunk
# # #