Washinton DC (PRWEB) June 23, 2011
Predictive Analytics World for Government, September 12-13 at The Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC, is the first vendor-neutral predictive analytics conference for the government, designed to help agency managers understand how they can apply predictive analytics to more effectively and efficiently accomplish their mission.
PAWGov highlights include:
- 2 days of content, more than 18 topics delivered by over 25 predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors, and government thought leaders
- Case studies from Federal, State, and Local agencies such as Department of Justice, USDA Risk Management Agency, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General, Department of Treasury, Department of Defense, National Security Agency, New South Wales Department of Transportation, Mexico Tax Administration Service, NASA, and Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- Hot topics and advanced methods covering fraud detection and prevention, text mining, law enforcement, food safety, grants management, hotspot detection, optimization of facilities, ensemble models, supervised/unsupervised predictive modeling, crowdsourcing, and other innovative applications that benefit organizations in new and creative ways.
- Leading government predictive analytics practitioners including: Bryan Jones, Director, Data Mining Group, USPS OIG; Kirk Bryant, Acting Director, Strategic Data Acquisition and Analysis, USDA Risk Management Agency; David Buchanan, Deputy Director of Management Services, U.S. Department of Justice, COPS Office and Stephen Hollifield Information Services Manager, Richmond Police Department
View the agenda online at http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/gov/2011/agenda_overview.php
About Predictive Analytics World for Government:
Predictive Analytics World for Government (PAWgov.com) is the first vendor-neutral predictive analytics conference for the government, designed to help agency managers understand how they can apply predictive analytics to more effectively and efficiently accomplish their mission. Predictive analytics reduces fraud, waste, and abuse, automates manual processes, maximizes productivity of agency personnel, and drives smarter decisions by extracting actionable insights from the vast quantities of data within government agencies.
PAW-GOV is for government executives, program managers, financial and HR managers, CIOs and CTOs, law enforcement, and analytics professionals, covering today's deployment of predictive analytics and data mining across government agencies and across software vendors. The conference delivers case studies, expertise and resources, empowering Federal, State, and Local government to achieve these objectives:
1. Drive Smarter Decisions from Data: Government agencies overwhelmed with vast quantities of data transform this challenge to an asset, employing predictive analytics to discover relationships and patterns hidden to the human eye that serve as actionable insights to drive smarter decisions.
2. Reduce Fraud, Waste, and Abuse: Recover and prevent improper payments using predictive analytics to score potential payments, claims and benefits for errors, fraud, waste, and abuse.
3. Automate Manual Processes: Employ analytics of both structured and unstructured data (text analytics) in order to streamline approvals of claims and benefits, and find documents of interest (E-discovery).
4. Prioritize Resources and Maximize Productivity: Use predictive analytics to score cases where there are an overwhelming number to quickly process, search, or audit – including payments, hotline tips and complaints, applicants for benefits, cargo shipments, products pending approval or patents, and others – ranking them so that managers, investigators, and auditors are more productive and efficient, spending their time on the most valuable cases.
PAW-GOV showcases case studies from application areas of predictive analytics in the Public Sector including:
•Improper Payment Recovery & Prevention
•Credit Scoring / Predicting Default
•Automating Claims Processing
•Tax and Revenue Collection
•Text Mining / Unstructured Data
Register here http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/gov/register.php by Friday, June 24th for the Super Early Bird rate (Government employees: realize a savings of $100; Industry: realize a savings of $200). Take an additional 25% off for each additional attendee from the same company registered at the same time.
About Rising Media:
Rising Media produces technology-related events including Data Driven Business Week, eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, Conversion Conference, Search Marketing Expo, Predictive Analytics World, Internet Marketing Conference, Web Effectiveness Conference and Building Business Capability in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Sweden and Australia. See http://www.risingmedia.com for more information.