Orlando, FL (PRWEB) June 23, 2011
Waldorf Astoria Orlando is celebrating summer with Enchanted Evenings, running weekends through Sept. 5, 2011. This summer-long schedule of special events is available for all guests staying at Orlando’s newest luxury resort, conveniently accessed inside the gates of Walt Disney World® Resort.
In honor of this season-long program, Waldorf Astoria Orlando is offering a summer bonus: a complimentary one-day one-park Walt Disney World theme park ticket for every two nights a guest stays under the “Disney Ticket Package.” (See http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/activities/summer for complete details).
The summer-long schedule for Enchanted Evenings includes ongoing events, as well as special activities throughout the season. Highlights include:
- Enchanted Evenings - “Weird Science” Ice Cream Social Do you believe in magic? Guests can watch the most magical ice cream created in front of their eyes… thanks to a bit of science… and plenty of liquid nitrogen (which is more than 300 degrees below zero). Also, try “flash-frozen” caramel corn.
- Enchanted Evenings “Spa Happy Hour” - Relax… and then relax again! On Friday and Saturday evenings, guests can extend the bliss of their spa treatment, with a complimentary post-treatment glass of champagne and make-up refresher.
- Enchanted Evenings “Friday Night Flights at Sir Harry’s” - Look at beer in a new light! Guests can purchase a featured flight of microbrew beer, and learn a bit about the craft.
- Enchanted Evenings “Art in the Alley” - See art come alive! Enjoy one of Orlando’s best artists as they create “magic” in front of your eyes.
- WA Kids Club “Astoria After Dark” Pirates and Princess party - A royal good time for little pirates and princesses, and their parents! Kids have an awesome adventure while parents dine upstairs.
- Twilight Golf - There’s always time for golf! At the award-winning Waldorf Astoria Golf Club, enjoy 18 holes after noon, for $75, including rental clubs.
- Peacock Alley Entertainment - Time to chill! Enjoy live jazz with Joseph Jevanni.
- Enchanted Evenings Kids Scavenger Hunt - A children’s activity that can be done at your leisure!
- Enchanted Evenings Martini Madness - Oh what a night! Guests can partake in a martini-infused evening, sampling four fabulous flavors on the martini buffet! Includes light snacks and entertainment.
- Enchanted Evenings “Spa Happy Hour” Relax… and then relax again! - On Friday and Saturday evenings, guests can extend the bliss of their spa treatment, with a complimentary post-treatment glass of champagne and make-up refresher.
- Little Sorcerer’s Magic Class - For Harry Potter and Sorcerer Mickey fans! Kids can learn a bit of “magic” that they can share with others.
- Twilight Golf - In Orlando, summer evenings is the best time to golf! At the award-winning Waldorf Astoria Golf Club, enjoy 18 holes after noon, for $75, including rental clubs
- Peacock Alley Entertainment - Lounge lizards rejoice! Featuring live jazz with Joseph Jevanni
- WA Kids Club “Astoria After Dark” Under the Sea Party - Fun for everyone! A silly sea party for kids, while parents dine upstairs!
- Enchanted Evenings Kids Scavenger Hunt - Complete this hunt at your leisure!
- Peacock Alley Entertainment - Time to tickle the ivory! Enjoy the evening with pianist Barry Carlin
- Enchanted Evenings Kids Scavenger Hunt - A kid’s activity that can be done at your leisure!
In addition to the evening fun, the resort is introducing new summer afternoon activities, including lawn games, bike and surrey rentals, a water-balloon slingshot event, and an innovative “water walker” contraption the defies explanation.
Waldorf Astoria Orlando has put the destination on the map for luxury travelers. Nestled within a nature preserve and conveniently accessed from within Walt Disney World property, the resort is a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of neighboring theme parks. Cara Goldsbury, author of Luxury Guide to Disney World, calls it “stunningly impressive.” “Swank and sophisticated,” she continued, “Waldorf Astoria has redefined local luxury in Orlando.”
The hotel infuses timeless Jazz Age-elegance from The Waldorf=Astoria in New York City, with the vibrant and modern ambiance of Florida. It features 498 guest rooms and suites with sweeping vistas of Walt Disney World and the Bonnet Creek nature preserve. The resort’s 171 suites have been called “the best rooms in all of Central Florida.”
Re-imagined versions of famed New York City restaurants include Bull & Bear restaurant. The spa offers treatments from Guerlain, the legendary Parisian fragrance house. Golf Channel travel writer Brandon Tucker called the resort “an exclusive playground for the adult-minded traveler.”
To make a reservation, please visit http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com, or call 888-353-2009.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
WALDORF ASTORIA is Hilton Worldwide’s luxury brand of landmark hotels, with each one as singular and timeless as the brand’s namesake, The Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York. From classic elegance to modern grandeur, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts each represent worldly sophistication and unparalleled guest service. From sumptuous spas and culinary excellence to world-class golf, each hotel & resort offers the exquisite accommodations and signature accoutrements that define refinement and sophistication. Discover Waldorf Astoria by visiting http://www.waldorfastoria.com. Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide’s ten market-leading brands.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 92 years, Hilton Worldwide has been offering business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,750 hotels and 615,000 rooms in 84 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. For more information about the company, visit http://www.hiltonworldwide.com.