Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) June 27, 2011
SATTRANS announces that its Iridium 9555 Vehicle and Marine Docking Station has been successfully tested and approved by Iridium Communications Inc. for commercial use in connection with the Iridium Communications System.
SATTRANS 9555 Vehicle & Marine Docking Station enables Iridium subscribers to use Iridium 9555 satellite phones in all types of vehicles: cars, trucks, boats, yachts, ships, and aircraft. This Iridium docking station greatly improves availability of the Iridium satellite service on the go.
Features of the SATTRANS Vehicle & Marine Docking Station include:
- Two-mode operation of calls – The docking station provides users with two alternatives of maintaining voice calls over the satellite phone: 1) hands-free mode via the built-in speaker and microphone, 2) private mode via optional handset or earset.
- Data capable via built-in data port (mini-USB) – The docking station allows users to connect the satellite phone to a computer and use all standard Iridium data services, Direct Internet 3 software as well as third-party software and hardware add-on solutions such as OCENS Mail, GMN XGate and XWeb, Vizada’s Skyfile, DigiGone Secure Chat and others.
- Standard antenna port – The port enables connecting a variety of commercially available Iridium antennae.
- Charges phone battery – The charging function keeps the satellite phone operational without the need to remove the phone from the docking station and thus disconnecting from the satellite network.
- Dashboard holder – The dashboard holder safely and conveniently keeps the cradle with the satellite phone on any vertical or inclined surface.
- Easy installation and portability – The phone cradle is easy to install and extremely portable, making it possible to move and install in different vehicles if necessary.
- Two-year worldwide warranty – Each SATTRANS product undergoes thorough operating and safety tests, both in laboratory and in-field environments. The high quality of SATTRANS products is also supported by a two-year worldwide warranty.
The rigorous certification process completed by Iridium included testing of all standard features of the Iridium phone and services while installed in the docking station: voice calling, dial-up data and RUDICS, text messaging (SMS) and short-burst data (SBD).
SATTRANS other docking solutions for Iridium include a Vehicle & Marine Docking Station for Iridium 9505A and an Office Docking Station for Iridium 9555 satellite phones.
Iridium 9555 Vehicle & Marine Docking Station is available immediately from Iridium partners and resellers around the world.
SATTRANS (http://www.sattrans.com), established in 1999, is one of the world’s most experienced companies in the mobile satellite industry. SATTRANS is a leading manufacturer and supplier of satellite communication equipment and services. Our core business is focused on high quality solutions and equipment for use in all applications of various mobile satellite networks.
With the locations in United States, United Arab Emirates, Russia, Poland and Ukraine, SATTRANS has a truly global presence, offering quick product availability and customer support to its customers around the world.
About Iridium Communications Inc.
Iridium Communications Inc. (http://www.iridium.com) is the only mobile voice and data satellite communications network that spans the entire globe. Iridium enables connections between people, organizations and assets to and from anywhere, in real time. Together with its ever-expanding ecosystem of partner companies, Iridium delivers an innovative and rich portfolio of reliable solutions for markets that require truly global communications. The company has a major development program underway for its next-generation network — Iridium NEXT. Iridium Communications Inc. is headquartered in McLean, Va., U.S.A.