“We want to use this summer tour to shine a little light on individuals who are finding creative outlets for our nation's youth," said band co-founder Ashton Allen.
(PRWEB) June 24, 2011
Indie rock band Rabbit! today announced a U.S. tour to promote its new full-length album titled “Go For It,” releasing August 2. The “Rabbit!’s Music Stand” cross-country tour will span 45 cities in 48 days, from July 6 to August 20.
The tour will also set out to raise awareness about the continuing arts and music funds-cutting in schools, by promoting community programs that are finding alternative solutions from Florida all the way to California. Rabbit!’s Music Stand will include live performances, interviews and documentary-style video as the band seeks to educate themselves and others about this growing concern.
“We want to use this summer tour as a vehicle to shine a little light on those individuals that, despite the economic circumstances, are still finding a way to provide a creative education and outlet for our nation's youth," said band co-founder Ashton Allen.
The tour kicks off on July 6th in Jacksonville, FL, Ashton Allen’s hometown. Venues include all-ages concerts, coffeehouses, clubs and lounges including:
- 7/6: Jacksonville, FL – Jack Rabbits
- 7/7: North Charleston, SC – North Charleston City Gallery
- 7/8: Columbia, SC – The White Mule (with Emily Kopp)
- 7/9: Savannah, GA – The Sentient Bean
- 7/10: Winston-Salem, NC – Elliott’s Revue
- 7/11: Collegeville, PA – Community Music School (with Union Suns; all ages show)
- 7/13: Brooklyn, NY – Union Hall (with Ian McGlynn and Taxicab Driver)
- 7/15: Concord, MA – Barefoot Books Studio (with friends B. toys)
- 7/16: Buffalo, NY – Caz Coffee Shop
- 7/17: Ferndale, MI – AI’s Music Café. All-ages concert to benefit Chords for a Cure. With special guests Stephen Clark & The Trending Topics, and Donny Brown of The Verve Pipe.
- 7/21: Tulsa, OK – The Coffee House
- 7/22: Amarillo, TX – The 806
- 7/23: Albuquerque, NM – Warehouse 508 Youth Arts Center
- 7/24: Palmer Lake, CO – Speedtrap
- 7/25: Cheyenne, WY – The Bananza
- 7/27: Nampa, ID – Flying M Coffee Garage
- 7/28: Spokane, WA – Zola
- 7/29: Portland, OR – Willowbrook Arts Camp
- 7/30: Seattle, WA – Pegasus Coffee Bar
- 8/2: Los Angeles, CA – Hotel Cafe (CD Release)
- 8/5: Las Vegas, NV – Downtown Cocktail Room
- 8/7: Tucson, AZ – Loft Cinema (fundraiser for the Children's Film Festival of Tucson)
- 8/8: Las Cruces, NM – The Yum Bunny
- 8/10: Dallas, TX – Opening Bell Coffee
- 8/11: San Antonio, TX – The Limelight
- 8/15: Nashville, TN – LoveinStereo.com event
- 8/16: Knoxville, TN – Secret City Amphitheatre
- 8/17: Chapel Hill, NC – The Cave
- 8/18: Atlanta, GA – The Atlanta Room at Smith's Olde Bar
- 8/19: Tallahassee, FL – The AF Haus
- 8/20: Jacksonville, FL – Riverside Arts Market
Venue details, videos, photos and blog updates about Rabbit’s national tour and educational day programs are available on http://www.saverabbit.com to view and share. Or show your support: “Like” Rabbit! on http://www.facebook.com/saverabbit and follow @saverabbit on Twitter.
National, regional and local sponsorships are available to support the tour and Rabbit!s community awareness efforts. For information on sponsor opportunities including venue signage, video pre-roll, website ad placements and social media promotion, contact Christine Mohan at christine(at)mohanmedia(dot)com.
Rabbit!’s Music Stand
Rabbit!s Music Stand is a 45-city, 48-day interactive experience from July 6 to August 20, 2011 by indie rock band Rabbit! (http://www.saverabbit.com). The tour will reach music lovers, educators, artists, parents and children of all ages from Jacksonville, FL to San Francisco, CA through live music performances, documentary-style video, interviews and visits to community-driven music/arts programs. Rabbit! hopes to build a global online community sharing their stories and support, creating a 360-degree awareness effort that reaches far beyond the summer tour.